• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Going to see Marc Broussard tonight!

Started by glennab, July 02, 2007, 02:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

I had the surprise of my life this morning when the company pres said he had two tickets to see Marc Broussard in downtown St. Pete and couldn't go because of another commitment -- and asked if I'd like the tickets.  ARE YOU KIDDING!?? I thought the closest Marc was going to be to us was Orlando.  I can't wait!  Hubby and I drove all over town this weekend with Home blaring on the car stereo. 

Mr. Prez got the pre-ordered new CD with Marc's autograph and the tickets for father's day from one of his daughters.  We lucked out!

EXCITED! (understatement)

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Dave

Make sure you wear your OPR t-shirt, hop up on stage and then dive into the crowd.

Have a great time.
Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

John

Not sure how daring you are, but it might be plausible to approach the soundboard guys, explain the connection with OPR and who knows maybe they'd inform him OPR was in the house and  he'd give a shout out during the show, or at least do a dedication to OPR when he plays 'Home'.

Enjoy!

cmpentecost

Glenna,

You are SO lucky!  I want a full concert review tomorrow morning!

Christine

glennab

Thanks, guys.  We're leaving in a few minutes, and John, I was seriously thinking about at the very least yelling out to him thanks from OPR when he does Home.  I'd love to meet him and give him a hug -- not sure I have the grapes, but you never know with us old gals.  News at 11!  (We shouldn't be going out on a "school night," but there was no way to pass this up.  Serendipity reigns!)

Dave, about that OPR t-shirt...

Whoo hoo!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

OPRAng

Glenna,

Did you say "grapes"? I about peed my pants!!!!!!!

Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Dave

Whoops. Forgot that we hadn't distributed those yet. Actually, we have something up our sleeve. I think you'll be seeing one soon.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

Grapes? GRAPES?!

Womenfolk have grapes?..................WHERE ARE THEY?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

Ok, here's the run-down.  First of all grapes = cojones, if I remember my Russian correctly.  And I've been told on a number of occasions that I'm in possession of said objects, I'm proud to say!  Conversely, I've also been accused of removing them from a few men in my younger days.  Ah, sweet memories.  But I digress...

The concert was beyond awesome. It was at Jannus Landing in St. Pete, which is an outdoor venue -- a courtyard amidst some VERY old buildings that contain shops and restaurants.  The place was filled with people, but not packed.  Drinking, but very well behaved.  I believe I caught a scent of some herbal smoke at one point, but whatever floats your boat!

I managed to con one of the security guys to let me in while the band was warming up, but he wouldn't let me approach the stage.  So I had him give me a piece of paper and pen and I sent Marc a note, which Mr. Security promised that he handed to him.  I told him that OPR sends best wishes and hugs, and signed it.  Didn't get a response, but he was quite elusive.  His exit was so quick that I didn't see where he went -- I suspect to his bus.  He had to be exhausted.  The set was from 8:45 to around 11:15.

Marc and his band are top notch.  My husband, who is known as "the curmudge," loved it.  He's an ungodly critic at concerts, because he was a professional guitarist in the 60s -- was lead guitar for Roy Orbison until Uncle Sam sent him to 'Nam. He couldn't wait to get to work to rub it in to one of his co-workers. Andy's a musician and Lon loaned him Carencro.  Andy was blown away.

His voice isn't studio  enhanced.  It's for real - rich and emotive. He obviously loves what he does, and he kicks butt!

I realize why we don't do this sort of thing often.  It was standing only -- just a few benches around trees, and my formerly broken back was really whining when we got into the car.  But I'd do it again in a heartbeat for Mssr. Broussard.  Love the guy.  If you get a chance, go see him.  My guess is he's a young man who's heading for the top.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

OPRAng

Glenna,

I am so glad you had so much fun. I have to tell you, I hope my office cuts my hours so they can give me cool stuff too!

Seriously though, you totally deserved a fun night out!

Take care,
Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

kiska

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooh! I KNOW what cojones are.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

So, kiska, you know Russian too.  Cool!

Ange, this is the most impossible situation I can imagine.  Mr. Prez gave me such a verbal beating in our "your hours are cut" meeting.   I let loose on him in my letter -- not nasty but brutally honest.  And now I'm working overtime (which I HATE), and he gave me the tickets.  I'm so confused!!  I really was looking forward to less time at work.  If I hadn't been determined to get out and start my 5 days off, they'd have had me working on the web until 10 or 11 tonight.  Nuh uh!

Have a wonderful 4th!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John