• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi Guys!

Started by RosyBijou, June 14, 2007, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosyBijou

Hi All!
I've really missed everyone here!--It's been such a busy time with the kid's end of year and spring activities...  I did manage to pick up another photo though and was hoping for some feedback.  There are 4 in all, so scroll to the right of the linked image in the album...

http://picasaweb.google.com/RosyBijou/OPR/photo#5075998946528709394

I was wondering what ya'll think about the face reconstruction so far?  As you see, haven't even touched the rest of the image (except for some experimentation with the background replacement...)  I'm stuck on his eyes & nose...  and do you think his ear is too smudgy?

Hope everyone's doing well.
Kerry

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

klassylady25

He's coming along quite well.  It'll be interesting to see what you do with the horse!  :o) 

glennab

Hi Kerry

It's great to see you back on the forum.  I looked at your guy last night until my eyes about fell out of my head, and I couldn't figure out the background.  I suspect the pile on which he's resting his right hand (to our left) is saddle and camping gear, but it's hard to make out anything definitive.  I think his face looks fine so far.  You need a little more refinement in some areas, and he has color discrepancies, but you're off to a good start, brave soul!

Have a wonderful day.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Hi Kerry,

great start on this one! I'm still looking for the horse and don't see it. To me it looks like he is standing in front of a little wall. For his face... I think it looks pretty good, maybe I would make his left cheek a little fuller.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

RosyBijou

Hi Everyone,
I am feeling really bummed about this one, but some personal commitments have recently surfaced that are making it impossible for me to continue working on this image in a timely manner--I know that I won't be able to get it back for at least a few months--so have sent word back to have it reposted for re-distribution.  Doesn't seem fair to keep it out when someone else might be able to finish it sooner.   I wanted to let you know that I appreciate the feedback though. 

Everything's OK here--just really busy--seem to barely have time to breath lately, much less work on these wonderful images...  I love being involved here and feel really upset that I'm not finding the time to follow through on this one...  :'(  Things should (hopefully) ease up in the fall and I'm looking forward to getting back here then...

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Hi Kerry

Life does get in the way, doesn't it?  I'm sorry you're needing to back away from OPR, because you're such an asset to the group.  I hope all goes well and that you mean it when you say "I shall return"!  I'll miss you and look forward to your rejoining us when you're able to.

Best wishes and bless!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

RosyBijou

Thanks, Glenna, for the kind words. :hug:
It is my intention to pick images up again in the fall--meantime, I'll peek in here & add my 2-cents worth when I am online.  It just didn't seem right to keep an image out knowing that my circumstances wouldn't allow me to complete it in a timely manner.  Some of the stuff that popped up was unexpected (but not totally out of control...)   We all just do the best we can...

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)