• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

is this finished?

Started by Ratz, May 03, 2007, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

Hi guys and gals,
would you have a look at these pics and tell me if I am finished.
I have tidied up in general and done most of the work on the subjects.
I am thinking of leaving the background as is,what do you think?<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From opr</td></tr></table>
any help is appriciated.
Vicki

glennab

Hi Vicki

You've done some great clean-up on this one, but there are a several things I'd revisit.  I think the restoration is a bit blown out.  You might want to keep some of the original color, as well as the grain.  And the young man's face looks very different to me from the original. His hair is longer (down over his eyebrows) in the original, and his eyes seem smaller than in the restoration. I suspect that the dark area on the girl's lower left arm is shadow, but you might want to soften it.  I also think he needs more definition around the edges of his suit.  Sorry to be "Picky Paula," but I want to give you an honest assessment of what I see.

Hugs & G'night.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Vicki,

Brave girl taking on that one, I agree with Glenna that his hair needs to be a bit lower and his eyes a little narrower, and colour could be saturated a bit. I also have doubts about the right hand end of the mantelpiece, I think the dark colour is damage, if you study the shape I think is should look the same as just above the girls head.

That said you are doing great, I am ashamed to say I dodged that one.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

thanks guys,I agree with everything you both said,I needed some fresh eyes on this,as you know it gets really hard to be objective.
Thanks a million!!
Vicki.

schen

Great work in restoring the picture.

This a guy's perspective.  The lower lip of the girl looks thinner, especially the right corner of her mouth.  The right arm and face may have a bit much look of makeup.  From the original, I could see her face with lighter color compared to the rest of the skin.  She was definitely wearing some makeup.

I just finished my first restoration and I was struggling with the amount of restoration I should do.  If a person bring me an aged photo, I will probably restore it closer to the way I believe it looked when it was printed.  But for OPR, I am leaning toward more of the look right before it was damaged by the disaster.  Please look at my two renditions and let me know how you feel about it.

http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php?topic=637.msg5611
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6