• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Van Holden E 4-4_4x6 Restore

Started by ReactionStudios, April 24, 2007, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReactionStudios

Hey Team-

I am working on the Van Holden E 4-4_4x6 Restore. I have been in a work-related hiatus and have had this one in my possesion since 11-2006. I am going to continue work on this, but if anyone has been reissued this restore, please let me know. Thanks!

ORIGINAL:

RESTORE (to date 4.24.07):

kiska

I THINK I did this one.......but wait for verification.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

Kiska,

I see where the photo was sent to you, but I do not see a restored version of it.  Perhaps it was sent to you for reference on another photo?

Christine

ReactionStudios

I will keep on working on it in the meantime. It probably was reissued when I was pulled away on other projects. While I am here, does anyone have reference of what that man's face (middle) should look like?

Thanks!-
|shawn|

kiska

I checked and still have the restored one. I KNOW I sent it back and got confirmed. Was it Becky's?? I'll re - upload if needed.

Or maybe it's already been sent to the owner and then they take down the restored version..................................I dunno.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

I did the image search for Van Holden, and most of the before and after photos are there, but not all, including this one.  It would be best to check with Becky on this, but I'll send her an email to look at this thread in the forum, as she can probably answer the question to this dilemma better than I can.

Thanks!

Christine

beckysell

Thanks so much for checking-in with me Christine!  I missed reading this thread....
Anyways, I found the photo, which was restored by Kiska (Christine, you were having trouble searching it because I must have inadvertantly named the file VanHoden instead of Holden).  Shawn, I know I just replied to your e-mail as well before getting wind of this. 
What happened was that, when I didn't hear from Shawn regarding the photo (and I totally understand how things come up and life gets busy... not trying to guilt at all), I redistributed the photograph and Kiska picked it up.  My apologies for having work double-done... I really try not to have that happen, and as far as I know this is the first instance.  Thanks for letting me know, for picking up the photo Kiska and doing a nice job, and Shawn for staying on top of it and putting your time and talents into it.  It is much appreciated.

ReactionStudios

Thanks ladies for squaring all of this away. It's really my fault for the mix-up. I should have given you (Becky) heads-up at the first of 2007 that I was too busy. I grew attached to the challenging aspects of this restore, so I guess I didn't want to give it up somewhere way back in my subconscious. Who knows for sure!? I think I will continue to work on it for my own self gratification. I will solve this puzzle, even if its for myself.  :D

pcraft

Hi Shawn..   Ouote-- "I think I will continue to work on it for my own self gratification." --Unquote  I think that's an excellent idea.. It's never too late for learning..
Rest assured, if you need any more help with this or other photos, post and request help and I'm sure there are restorers here that will help with
tips, tricks and/or opinions.  Remember by posting your updated works also helps others that check out the forums..  Good luck Shawn..

Best of regards,
Robert