• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

NAPP Members?

Started by glennab, April 19, 2007, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi.  I was asked if we had many NAPP members in OPR, and while I know there are a few, I really couldn't answer for sure.  Would our NAPP members own up and post?  Have you found your membership worth the cost of the yearly fee?  What do you value most about your membership?

I'm a member and have been really happy with the value of belonging to the association.  There are great discounts, tutorials, forums, and best of all if it weren't for NAPP I wouldn't have known about and joined OPR.  That by itself was worth the cost of my 5 or 6 year membership!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

I'm a member. I like the mag and forums.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

pcraft

Hi Glenna...  I am a NAPP member and have been for about or close to 3 years... 
There's many things I enjoy about NAPP but the Forum come up as number 1 on my list..
There's a great bunch of folks there that are very helpful if you post questions that you
need answers to concerning anything Adobe... My name here "pcraft" is just a shortened
version of what it is @ NAPP, "photocrafter".

As you probably know, Members have access to every issue of "Photoshop TV" since #1,
non members can download the current week of "Photoshop TV" free of charge, , usually
every Monday if they wish from...

http://www.photoshopuser.com/

Also, another nice feature of NAPP is "Member Portfolio's".. If you or anyone wishes to
see mine, the address is...

http://www.photoshopuser.com/members/portfolios/view/gallery/762530

I've posted one of the photos, a before and after, of an OPR restoration I did some-
time back and left info with it about contacting OPR for anyone who might wish to
donate some time to helping out...  Please leave a comment if you are able.. I'm not
sure if Non Members can leave comments, but I hope they can.. 

Also, NAPP is a world wide organization.. NAPP perks are also a good thing, although
special deals on purchases of things sold through NAPP, are sometimes only good for
US citizens..

I plan on being a NAPP and OPR member for life...   ;D

All in all, I think I've rambled on long enough...  lol  For non NAPP Members, check it
out..  I believe it's great value for the money.. One last thing, you also get a
subscription to Photoshop User and Darkroom magazines..

Regards
Robert

kjohnson

Not a member yet, but I buy many of their books, er well I collect many of their books. As a school teacher, some I buy, some I don't. And I always recommend them to students. I think its an amazing organization that unites folks from all over the world who have an interest in Photoshop and gives photoshoppers a way to stay active using the program. I attended Willmores day long seminar and thought it was excellent & the program over all was well done. Wow, over 1000 people attended & they're beginning to show up in my own photoshop classes. Was exciting to see that there's such a strong interest in PS.

So even if we're not all NAPP members there are other ways to support the group. Photoshop magazine is available at Borders and Barnes & Noble. The magazine is so well done, it alone makes joining a good deal. And Scott Kelby & company are excellent authors. Yea Darkroom is their newest 'zine for, um, Lightroom users.

RosyBijou

Hi Guys,
I'm heading into my second year at NAPP, and though I haven't taken advantage of nearly enough of the perks, I do feel that I've gotten my money's worth!  The subscription entitles you to a monthly magazine, which makes for an expensive magazine, but I learn something new each   month without being overwhelmed (which is easy when learning Photoshop!) and I can't count the number of times that I've referred back to my old issues.  Even reading reviews about different software & technology has made me a more educated shopper when I've needed to upgrade or replace my work tools.  (I also subscribe to the new Adobe Illustrator magazine and am finding that very useful as well--though I don't use Illy here at OPR.)

(I miss you guys!--kids have been on vacation, work is starting to pick up--<<which is a good thing!>>--and didn't want to pick up a new image till I'm sure that I can commit to it...  I'm definitely experiencing OPR withdrawls!)

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Codeman

I am in my first year as a NAPP member. I have used the discount for one of the workshops and for buying a white balance card.
The magazine and tutorials are worth the price of admission. Renewing gets you the Best of Photoshop User video (DVD-rom).
And like several users, NAPP is how I found out about OPR.

Codeman

Landailyn

I'm on my fourth year and absolutely think it's worth the fee! I've gotten a lot out of that! I've attended a few seminars and made a couple trips to the forum, but I'm not too much of a forum person (I always think I'm crashing someone elses party I'm trying to get over that particular little quirk - I did post once when I was excited about a restoration in my portfolio being chosen as an Editors Choice, then felt pretty dumb afterwards). I've utilized the discounts on quite a few products and love Photoshop User.

Janine

glennab

Hi NAPP crew,

It's great to see so many responses already.

CM, I'd forgotten to mention the DVDs one gets when renewing membership.  I have a great collection with some awesome tips & tricks.  And I got a couple of Mr. Kelby's restoration videos early on in my membership.  Probably should revisit them.  He's a fine instructor, so knowledgable, and he has a wonderful sense of humor.

Photoshop User doesn't always cover topics of interest to me, but some of the issues get torn to shreds, because I save articles and file them, rather than keeping the entire magazine. There's a wealth of reference material.

I've been to several NAPP seminars, and got a lot out of them.   I think it's a great organization for Photoshop afficianados.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

I'm also a NAPP member, and have been for probably 5 years.  It's VERY much worth the $100 a year.  Not only the magazine and website, but the discounts on so many different things pays for the membership alone.  The website has wonderful tutorials, and of course the forums are very helpful as well.  I have only been to one Photoshop World, but am planning to attend the one in Las Vegas this Sept.  For anyone who is not familiar with NAPP, I would encourage you to check out their website at www.photoshopuser.com.

Christine

cfoster

I am a member, have been for years, will be for years.

milanab

me, me  i love it.  in my first year but will continue :loveit: :loveit:
without faith...there is no hope

davedawn

I've been a NAPP member for 9 years. I love the magazine, and I often go to the website to find a cool and unique action or style. I like Photoshop TV too, though I don't have time for it too often. Another thing - on your resume it makes an impressive "Professional Association" entry!
Dawn
Photos are our link to the past, our most cherished souvenirs, and our legacy for the future