• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Vale Lucy

Started by Ausimax, March 24, 2007, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi,

Lucy passed away last night, about 10.30 cradled in Margaret's arms, a sad loss of an old friend. :'(

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, I'm so sorry you lost Lucy.

I can tell you that she won't completely leave you.  My lost babies come back to check on me periodically.  Even my husband says he sees Panther, the cat I had the longest, once in a while.  Interestingly, this morning she came up on the bed, cuddled my back and "made biscuits" for a while.  I thought it was Smoke, my stinker who can open our bedroom door and sneak in without making a sound.  But when I turned around, I saw neither Smoke nor any of the other cats. I figured Panther knew that Ive been mourning Adja and that I've been concerned about my other OPR friends who have very old companions who could pass any time.  Now I wonder if she was trying to tell me about Lucy.

My love and to you and Margaret.  I'm glad you have each other to get through the sorrow of parting with your precious companion.

Light and hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

OPRAng

Max,

I am really sorry about your loss. I know you recently said that this was something your feared was coming close. I really am sorry.

One of the unexpected, but beautiful, things about OPR is the community on this forum. You know we are all here for you.

Please let us know if you need anything.

Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Max,

My heart just breaks for you.  Having just experienced the loss of Adja, I feel that I can totally relate to the pain you are experiencing.  My thoughts are truly with you.  There were two "poems" that made me feel better.  I'm attaching the 2nd one, but the first is this:  "I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me, but I find I am grateful for having loved them.  The gratitude has finally conquered the loss".

Below is the other one.  Please accept my condolences, and hugs.   :hug:

Christine

pcraft

Oh Max and Margaret, I'm so sorry for your loss..  Please accept my condolences, in your trying time..
Keep your chin up!!!

Sincerely,
Robert

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, we just become to attached to these furry little creatures who come to share our lives, her death was expected but that still doesn't stop the pain when it occurs.

Thank you again for your caring. :hug:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

GP

Max, I'm sorry you lost your beloved cat.
Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

Hi Max,

I've been thinking of you all day, knowing the pain you are feeling from the loss of Lucy.  The one thing I kept questioning my husband last weekend was "when would it stop hurting".  I knew Adja was at the end of his days, but he was unlike any cat I've ever had in my life.  The pain has subsided, I still miss him, but am grateful for the 18 years of love I received from him.  I hope that when your pain subsides, you will feel the same.

Christine

Ausimax

Hi Christine,

After some time the pain diminishes but I don't think it ever completely goes away,I still feel it when I think of those I have lost over 30 years ago and longer, thats the trouble, in a lifetime you can wear out so many of them. :'(

Max

glennab

Amen, Max!

I've lost at least 10 cats in my lifetime, and I still mourn all of them.  Especially lately with the loss of Adja and Lucy.  They've all been very much in my thoughts the last few weeks.  My guys ranged from a few days old to 17.  I don't cry over them every day, but once in a while something will remind me of one of them and I tear up.  But then I have to laugh because I'll remember some nutty thing they did and how much they meant to me.  I think it balances out, and I wouldn't have missed their being in my life for anything!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)