• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three Generations

Started by G3User, June 27, 2020, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Still a WIP and I am not sure where to go next.

All the white(?) clothes look dirty(?) and have uneven changes of brightness over them. I have tried using the healing brush and the spot healing brush which help a little but it's difficult to avoid removing the slight indications of creases. I can continue using a mask but wondered if anyone had a magical suggestion

TIA

Athol

PS Anyone ever get the feeling they would like to turn their email off?

Kerbstone

Mhayes

Good suggestion Kerbstone. LOL

Athol, this is one weird photo when you look at their clothing and it looks like ghosts. After looking and yours and Candy's school picture I am curious if this is something the photographer is doing. Candy's looks razor sharp, but not because she sharpened it. With yours I don't know what to say, but good luck. You've done good so far.

Yes, I would like to turn off email, Facebook, the news, and the list goes on.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Kerbstone, I was thinking of chlorine bleach.

Weird is right Margie, I couldn't understand how the shirts of the two men at the top had such large outlines.

Will try the mask approach, if I am not interrupted by things outside my control.

A

schen

Looks like the photo was overexposed. With white shirts and dark background, you see the glare above the shirts. I don't think you want to "improve" on it. The faces are the most important parts of the photo and you did a great job restoring them.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

G3User

Thanks Schen,

It is easy to get in the loop of trying to improve the last little bit to make it look like the original.

On its way, on to the next

Shadow

G3User

Happy Face :up:
Thanks Shadow