• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hang in There: Photos to Restore Coming

Started by Mhayes, May 19, 2020, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Nothing is worse than seeing the galleries empty and nothing coming in. I have some good news and while it may be a little longer to wait there is hope. I have contacted the Beaumont Library and they are going to put out a notice for anyone needing their photos to be restored by us to contact them. We were so lucky that on our last copy run, they bought a copy stand just like ours. They know our procedures and have the permission sheets, so they have all the bases covered.

I know it's hard to get volunteers back when too much time has elapsed, but hang in there and will announce when photos start coming in.

Thanks to all of you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

G3User

So being horribly slow with this one suits company policy. There is always a first time, might get me some brownie points
Athol

Mhayes

We aim to please. I think brownie points does not rise to the occasion. Perhaps an honor board for Extremely Challenged Volunteer?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

We, old timers, are going to be here.  Never fear!!
Candice

coopmj

Lynnya

Yeay! great to hear.. look forward to them. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

And we are getting a request from Midland, Michigan to help those flooded by the twin dams breaking. However, this time we will be virtually helping as too risky to travel and especially to Michigan. They understand and hopefully this will work out. Plus, there won't be a timeline like there is when we have a copy run.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

We have just added some images to the "Very Hard to Restore" gallery.  These images are meant as group challenges and should be collectively restored here in the forum!
Hopefully this will keep y'all busy until the new images come in :)
Best regards,
Jonas

Mhayes

BIG NEWS COMING!

We are getting ready to partner with West Midland Family Center (WMFC) and a local photographer in Midland, MI to offer our services for those flooded by the twin dams that broke and the massive flooding that followed. Some areas are still under water, but others the clean up has begun. Because of Covid-19 we will not be flying in and will rely on locals to do the groundwork for us. The great part about this is that people will make appointments with the photographer and he will later upload the photos to us. This will be done over a period of time and will allow us to reach more people. We will also be mindful that we can only so much at one time.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

So has Covid changed everything about the way things are getting done? 
Candice

Mhayes

Candy, yes Covid-19 has changed everything. It's too risky to travel and also working with a lot of people in an enclosed area. However, we are working around it. Here is the flyer our own Victoria Walters designed for those in Midland, MI. You will see there is a limit of 50, but that doesn't mean that more can't make appointments later. Plus, we still have openings at the last copy run we did in Beaumont, TX. They have a copy stand like ours and know the ropes on how we like the pictures taken.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Mhayes

GET EM WHILE THEIR HOT!

Hi Everyone,

We are now starting to get some photos in from Midland, MI. Right now I have 3 that are ready and there are 2 more families that have more photos and they will be cropped and added to the galleries later. I know, 3 photos is kind of a teaser to see who gets there 1st. As before, send an email to the distributor--me on this one--at [email protected]

Really happy that we are able to have a very capable photographer, Lee Schaffert, taking this on for us. Otherwise, because of Covid-19 we would not be able to pull this off.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]