• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is the lady wearing

Started by philbach, April 13, 2020, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hi there.  I would like some help on what the lady is wearing.  Is it a dress?  Does it have buttons? What do you think the fabric is.  This is a great photo to play with during the corona virus quarantine.  Thanks

phil

kiska

Looks like a mock turtle neck, meaning it doesn't fold over like a true turtle neck.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

coopmj

I'm with Kiska.  I think it's a mock turtleneck although it does look like it "fastens" at the neck with a hidden button or snap.

philbach

Do you think its a sweater?  No buttons except for the neck area and a fabric like a sweater.   Thanks for your replies. 
phil

kiska

Could be a sweater. I think the fastener at the neck is damage.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Thanks Kiska I will run with that.
phil

philbach

Well this is what I currently have.  Let me know what you think.   

phil

Kerbstone

Fantastic work on pattern and texture.

kiska

The woman's top doesn't appear to be ribbed.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Kiska what do you think I should do about her top?  Just wondering.  I had no idea.
phil

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Thanks.  It looks like a cotton like texture for the sweater rather than a pattern of some kind would be preferred.
phil

G3User

Hi Phil,

I can't see any sign of texture, the channels all look to be containing random pixels. It is possible to see a small part of the seam where the neck is joined to the body. Also it looks like there is a flap from her right to left under her chin with a button(?) holding it closed.

Nice job on the man's suit

philbach

Well I removed the design from her  sweater.  G3, I guessed that the chin thing was an artifact but who knows.  So here is the latest iteration.

phil

kiska

Sweater looking good. The chin thing is damage.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro