• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Missing face

Started by G3User, April 08, 2020, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

I am back to biting off more than I can chew

The skin color and mullet hair style are approximate only but I have realized  that I had no idea of how to finish his face. I presume faint details with lots of blur is the way to go and have tried to set their positions so far.
Can anyone point me at an example of a similar restore, it might reduce the amount of messing about.
Any suggestions always appreciated
Athol.

philbach

Gosh you are stuck.  Maybe there is a reference photo out there to help.  The old blue channel ploy doesn't help in this case.   Maybe this photo should not be restored.  Good Luck.
phil

Mhayes

Athol, I agree with Phil that you are stuck. Unfortunately I looked in the families photos and there is not another one for the missing head.  The one on your right is in another photo with the bride. Had he not, I might of thought restoring just him. Because he is in another photo, my advice is to pick another photo and tell Jonas this should be a non-restore.  :(
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks, you both confirmed my thoughts
What a naughty Distributor, now I know why Jonas included "wonderful" when I took the last image in his gallery.
I couldn't find a way to give the impression of an anonymous face so will send what I have done back.
Next image will be from Bambi's gallery, I am sure I can trust her.

Mhayes

Sorry Jonas, didn't mean to let an unsuspecting victim-- I mean volunteer--see your deception.  ;) Yes, Bambi appears to be more trust worthy--notice I said appears.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Nothing has changed. Sigh :(

Mhayes

Now, now--it will be okay. After all, didn't I say return it. If I hadn't shown I have changed (a little); I would have encouraged you to keep working.  >:D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]