• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Setting an Easy Pace

Started by Mhayes, March 25, 2020, 04:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I don't have to dwell on the uneasy times we are going through. Right now most of our crew is working from home or in Tess's case in the hospital--hopefully to be released soon. I am on paid administrative leave--no, not OPR--and probably will go back in another week and a half as what I am doing is considered essential--part time with LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program). I am very appreciative of the regulars on the Forum. For others I send out a news letter telling what is going on and to encourage people to start picking from our recent copy run. This time I haven't and I will explain why.

I want to get our photos back to the families as soon as possible and that is why I send out a newsletter to get absent volunteers back. That works out great in  some ways and not in others. Glad for the returners, but then we get the ones that come out the woodwork. They cause nothing but trouble with their complains, bad restores, and wanting special one-on-one tutorials with the distributor or with Pat and Victoria who process new volunteers. I understand with the new volunteers, but for the others their choice of help should be the Forum other than hearing back from their distributor if their restore is good to go.

There will be disasters this year that we want to help, but not any time soon will we be able to flyi out for a copy run. I'm not saying we can't get photos in other ways, but right now libraries are closed to the public.

Enjoy the Forum and a chance to exchanged tips. You are much appreciated!

Margie
:hug:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice