• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Children's Photo

Started by Lynnya, March 23, 2020, 07:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, please take a look at this and let me know what needs doing.. thanks..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Hi.  Maybe the photo could be improved some.   I copied the layer and used multiply blending mode and added a layer mask and a gradient on the mask.  Maybe painting the mask to be more accurate and adjusting the opacity of the layer.  Oh well.  Just an Idea.

phil

Lynnya

Yeah thanks Phil.. I was tempted to do that.. I'm just not sure how dark to go.. See if anyone else has any ideas as well.. :up:

Shadow

Not sure how I missed this ...
Phil is on to something. You can tweak your mask to darken only the areas you think would benefit. Look forward to your final.

Mhayes

Phil, yours looks good, but maybe not have the children quite so dark. Also, I stay away from doing a gradient but maybe on a layer mask it is okay. The reason is that it can look good on the screen but when printed you sometimes have banding.

Lynn, I'm lazy and I tried to download your photo and it was too tiny to work on. What I like is to go up and add a new layer, change the mode to soft light and then check the box for 50% gray. Then using a soft brush starting out with the brushes capacity (not the layer's capacity) around 15% and with the foreground black paint where you want darker, and where you want lighter change the foreground to white. Later merge visible. There are many ways to go at this. You're off to a good start.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks guys will work on this later today..

Lynnya

How's this.. better? needs more? appreciate input..

philbach

Much Better.  Nicer contrast with the background car etc.
phil

Lynnya

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow