• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple ~ Repair

Started by Candice, March 08, 2020, 08:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Nope, I gave in to her demands of attention tonight and she is now laying quietly beside and not biting my hands.  ::) She's pretty spoilt and because she old (15) I carefully pick her up and put her in her round bed beside me. And then when it's time to leave I grab both sides of the bed with her wedged in between and set her on the floor. I keep thinking of a "pig-in-the-blanket." No wonder she bites me.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Candice

Sometimes shading is my enemy!  :wow:

Candice

philbach

Well The enclosed screen shot is of a well known actress.  The photo has similar lighting and it could be used as sort of a shading reference.  I took your photo and placed a curves layer above it and made the ladies face quite dark.  So what you might want to do is work on the layer mask and paint out the layer on the bright spots of her face and leave the dark correction on the dark.  Lots of options such as adjusting the opacity of the layer and using various shades of gray on the layer mask. 

phil

Candice

Any better, Phil? The shading help.  Who wouldn't know Elizabeth Taylor.  I love her in her younger days.  National Velvet was my absolute favorite.
Now I have to work on getting the feature back in place.  Time to start overlaying.  :)

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, yes, better although her nose looks like it is turning to your left. I played a little with your version before this one. For shading I picked with the dropper on her good side and then did a layer where I filled with that shading. Then a layer mask and conceal all and then adjusted my opacity as I brushed back in. I would then do a merge visible and then pick another shade on her face to use and then do the layer mask all over again. I especially wanted to bring back shadows around her eyes, nose, chin, and neck. I later did a Gaussian blur, another layer mask and at about 34% painted back in the areas I wanted to blur--that caused the shadows to blend better. This is a quick and dirty--with shading still a lot of work--and just another way to approach.

P.S. I like your eyes best of the version before and also better than mine for her eye on your right.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Wow Candy, you are coming along. You're getting good tips. Good luck!

Candice

Good tips indeed, Shadow.  Slow and steady........ ;)
Candice

G3User

A wet day so I went back to the original, for some reason I can't get access to updates.
I haven't followed up on Phil's suggestion but it is an excellent idea.
I re-positioned her eye, moved the iris slightly and changed shadowing to suit the light direction.
Tidied up her nose and added shadow
Also shadow under her lip and under her chin which I shortened
All the shadows could probably be deeper, those on the chaps face suggest the lighting is quite sharp.
As for her clothes, GOOD LUCK Candy, the therapy obviously isn't helping

G3User

Something screwy with my access to postimage.
I was able to download images posted in the forum and now cant, also unable to add an image to a post.
When I add the image to Postimage it is looking for me to log in.
Also no longer have the ability to edit a post on the forum?
Then again, Margie did threaten me
Athol

Candice

Now that I've had a bit of time to work on it, I believe it is as far as I can go.

Candice

philbach

Sorry Candice for the delayed response.   I started by selecting her face and using a curves adjustment layer to match the right side of her forehead to her husbands right forehead.  And then I was able to shade some.  It is not near finished since there are blotchy areas on her face but darkening her face initially seemed to me to be a good first step.

phil

Candice

Taking all things into consideration, I did the last few adjustments.  Time to send her home.

Candice

philbach

Well that was a tough one for sure. 
phil

G3User

Here is what i was trying to post yesterday, Just checking to see if the problem I had is resolved

Looks like it is, maybe the net was too busy
Cheers