• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Woman with candles

Started by coopmj, February 13, 2020, 04:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi All,

Please take a look and see if any additional corrections are needed.  I'll be honest, I have no idea what's in the background here--bleachers? Also, I couldn't distinguish any sort of candle holder so I just added some additional flowers around the candles.  Happy to change it if you have other thoughts.

Thanks!

Mary

Original

WIP

Candice

The one thing I catch when toggling back and forth are the eyes.  They are not as wide as you have them. Other than that she's lovely!
Candice

coopmj

Good catch Candy, I'll fix the eyes.  Thanks!!

Mhayes

Mary, I think you have done a fantastic job and all that is left is to tweak in certain areas. I didn't play around with the skin, but would try to even out and perhaps darken a little with shadows around her collar bone and even her facial areas. This is a quick and dirty and not too proud of how I did the shadows around the flowers, but was trying to anchor them to the table cloth. I also darken the flowers so they also had areas that were darker than others. For that I added a layer new with Soft Light as the mode and checked with 50% gray. Then I brushed in at various opacity. I did this also on the wall and while not noticeable; I wanted some shadows on the wall, especially around the girl. Later after a merge visible, I used Curves with the top tool (above the droppers) where I couldn't move the curve where I wanted darken. This did the whole photo, so I added a layer and conceal all and then brush back only the flowers.

You had done a lot of work to get this far and  great job!

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coopmj

Thank you Margie! I have already sent it back but I'm going to make these corrections and resend. I think the shadowing of flowers and girl is a a big improvement. I can always count on you all to pick up things I miss, (and I don't think I'll ever be at the point where I don't miss something)! Thanks again!

Mhayes

Mary, we are all at that place where we do miss something. Different set of eyes see different things and by the time you have work on any photo for a long time, it is easy to miss things. You just missed some minor tweaks. Nice work. :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Preach on, Margie.  We've all had those pictures.  That's the value of sharing our work!
Candice