• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

challenge work in progress

Started by jesterjeni, August 31, 2019, 10:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesterjeni

[/[img]ht

philbach

Hi.  I took the original image and used levels on each channel.  No other color correction and this is what I came up with.  Its quite a bit lighter

phil

Marydh

Goodness gracious JesterJeni!  Now that's a challenge!

Mhayes

That photo is proof why it was pulled as a non-restore. Have fun, but no fault if it is beyond restoring.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

What a challenge indeed! Good luck!

jesterjeni

Mhayes

I am totally confused??? This is on an old post dated August of 2019. Is this a new photo or what? If so, wouldn't you want it to be on a new post?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

Total newbie here.  Here is an interpetation with depth merge.  I need to learn more about channells :)

2nd pass at it.

#4 is my end result-wonder if he even remotely resembles the child?

Mhayes

Hi Kebstone, Welcome to the Forum. It's great you are posting, but this photo most likely was a non-restore last Aug 2019 and may have been put out as a challenge. Unfortunately, no your restore doesn't work. To save some frustration and a chance to enjoy a chance to restore a photo  still waiting for someone to choose--go to the one of the Galleries and request by email to the distributor a photo (make first and 2nd choices in case already chosen by another volunteer). Once the distributor gets your email and sends you an invitation to PhotoShelter; you are ready to download and start restoring. We would love to see your work and when you post post make sure to make it a new topic with a heading of your choice.

Good Luck.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Margie, I downloaded both images Jesterjeni posted, they are from the same source and share some of the same damage.

I think the first would be impossible but the second looks to be doable. Is the second from OPR galleries and does it belong to the same family as the first. Perhaps another related family held the better copy.

I know, BACK TO WORK!!!!

Kerbstone

Thank you for the welcome Margie.  Glad to be part of the group.

Mhayes

Athol, I'm pretty sure the families' photos have been worked. Maybe one of the distributors can weigh in. If not I will check tomorrow.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]