• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Faded photo

Started by vic, August 28, 2019, 06:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic

I would appreciate any comments, tips, suggestions that will help with this restore. Tint? No tint? This is one of Hannie's difficult pics.
Thanks.

Hannie

Wow Vic, what a great job bringing this little boy back!

You can always work these type of photos in B/W as you did and even upload them that way.  The OPR quality check department will add the tint if necessary.  (sometimes the family has more than one vintage photo and OPR makes sure they end up with the same tint)

You were very careful to keep the original photo but I wonder if the black corners were actually not a part of the photo.  If so it may be better to get rid of them?

The boy's skin seems a little too dark but the shading under the hat and in his face could be a little more darker?
One more thing in your otherwise great restore is that the lower half is sharper than the upper half.  What if you blur that lower part some?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Vic, you did a great job and can't add anymore from from Hannie has suggested. She is also right about the black corners as that would be the board the photo was lying on when the photo was copied by the mounted camera on the copy stand.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

vic

Thank you for the suggestions. Here is the updated restore. If it is okay, do I upload it back to the original gallery?

Hannie

Great job Vic!
You may upload the way you are used to in Photoshelter.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow