• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Stripes and a smile

Started by Jo Ann Snover, July 22, 2019, 08:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Wow indeed! Lynn's tips will put it over the top.
And for when you finish ...  ::)

Jo Ann Snover

I better get to that lovely spread before Lynn does!!

How does this look - I think the mouth is now pretty close?

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Amazing Jo Ann, I like the mouth and think you nailed it. I never would have thought of a bidding war to get out the "bad ones" and it holds such appeal. I love Shadow's last photo for a start.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Candice

He's come a long way, that's for sure.  You sure do love stripes!!
Candice

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Looks beautiful Jo Ann... just nit picking now.. but do you think his eyes are a tad lighter in the original or is it a factor of the black and white conversion...You've done an amazing job on this one.. :up:

Mmmmmm - thanks that was soooo good!....hic....

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Jo Ann Snover

In spite of the fact that you ate goodies I was planning to divert from bribery of the board... :)

I thought I'd take a look at the eyes side by side - a black & white version of the unrestored image versus with all the restoration layers in place. I had slightly darkened the overall image because it looked slightly faded, but otherwise I don't see a significant difference. Possibly the whole image needs its contrast reduced a bit (which I can do - I'll ask Tess though as she OK'd what I sent back yesterday)?

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

Just to see, I made a lower contrast version of the finished edit. Below is the one I first submitted on the left and the lower contrast version on the right. I might just send the second one to Tess so she can choose, but I'd be interested to know how other eyes see the two versions and if there's a preference.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

To me they are both lovely.. if I had to choose I'd probably to for the less contrasty one...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I like the one with more contrast.  It's a matter of preference and what the powers that be say.
Candice

Mhayes

I like the one with less contrast as the baby stands out more from the background.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks all. Tess has both versions - may hear from her later (I think it's still 5am where she is) as to which she preferred.
Jo Ann