• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Big Challenge

Started by Shadow, August 23, 2019, 10:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Well, sure hoping you weigh in on this one. This big challenge for me came from Hannie's possible non-restore group. Since we all know how quickly I head the wrong way on color, how does this look to you? And I  welcome all suggestions for how to reconstruct the face under the damage. Maybe we can make this a group project  ;)  Many thanks.

Hannie

Very brave Shadow!  Colors look as good as they can be at this point, I would look at the blue channel next for repairs.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh Lyn... how brave you are.. color looks good to me also.. blue channel looks better too.. this might be an area where you can use the skin texture trick.. if you reconstruct the right side of her cheek (looking at the screen) there's enough there to switch over to the other side.. with the chin and lower face area on the left I think the blue channel may work with some skin texture trick maybe. Sometimes to color an area I use a hue/sat layer with the "colorize" enabled and slide the slider up and down with different opacities til I match the skin color and tone.. sometimes it works better than "color" blend mode.. depends..
Good luck my friend.. hopefully Jo Ann will return from her vacation and she'll have some tricks as well. Look forward to seeing it progress. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Hannie and Lynn. Trust your good eyes for the color.  Hannie, are there by any chance other pics from this family that show this lady? Keep thinking there was another one with her but it was so long ago I could be confusing her with someone else. 

jesterjeni

you can use her features to compensate where there is missing pieces. i played with this for a few minutes just to get an idea
far from perfect but possible

Hannie

Shadow, I could not find another photo of this lady in the family folder...  :-\
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Shadow, basically you are going to work on her face and hair. There is no detail in her dress and you will leave it as white with some texture and shadows, but really nothing more. You have the background of what looks like a studio photo. There is enough of her hair to give you a general idea and for more help on hair here is one on our website for hair that might help: https://blog.designcrowd.com/article/988/how-to-draw-hair-in-photoshop-tutorial
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Didn't turn and run. Have been dealing with misbehaving appliances. Last week the car wouldn't start then three appliances decided it was time to stage a revolt. Good heavens! The internet makes fixing things look so easy. Not!! :D 
Thanks for looking Hannie and for the link Margie, and thanks Jesterjeni for the sample. Will be back at it later today.