• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little Boy On Rug

Started by Marydh, August 06, 2019, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Would love to know if any of you see anything else besides what I circled on the chair.  It would be nice if it were a bench and not a chair.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mary

Mhayes

Mary, I see nothing but the legs that you have circled. My feelings are to forget the chair as anything added would not be the original. What I would do is finish the brick all the way to the top and where the chair is at fill in with black. The focus will be on the boy.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Sounds great to me Margie!  Should I let the distributor know?

Mhayes

Sure, let your distributor know and doubt any problems with that decision.

Storms coming in and I' out of here.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Jo Ann Snover

That image is from the same family as I'm working on (and I did one other from them too). Although I recognize the brick and the carpet, I haven't seen that chair in any of the others. It's worth asking Bambi if there is an image with the chair in it.

On the blue channel, you can see it's a leather chair with the studded nail trim, but so little else. If Bambi doesn't have a chair (from the same house it would be OK to add, I think) you can use the visible parts of the wood floor to clone in the dark wood where the chair was.

I want to know where the flying dog is hiding :)
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Mary, I'm afraid I have to differ on this one.

1. "Although I recognize the brick and the carpet, I haven't seen that chair in any of the others. It's worth asking Bambi if there is an image with the chair in it." To cut to the chase and I will let Bambi know that she needs to weigh in on this one. I am able to get into any gallery and look at any or all photos from the family and there is not a chair to match.
2. "On the blue channel, you can see it's a leather chair with the studded nail trim, but so little else. If Bambi doesn't have a chair (from the same house it would be OK to add, I think) you can use the visible parts of the wood floor to clone in the dark wood where the chair was." My eyes must be failing me as I see more on the red channel than I do on the blue. I have enclosed one other photo from the family and you can see it is not the same chair. Also, I can't help but wonder if there was some kind of blanket or afghan on this chair. I have no problem if you want to do the wood, but NO it is NOT okay to add a chair that was never part of this photo. If it was a leg, cushion, or some minor part that would be different, but not some chair added from somewhere else.

See below the one other chair from this family and it is not the same chair. 
Great job so far!

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

That's the photo I'm currently working on, and it's 100% clear t's not the same chair. I didn't intend to imply that it was.

However, we have photos from several different years and angles in the rooms of this house. It was only a thought that if you could clearly see a studded nail chair in another picture that it was worth checking. You've checked and confirmed that there isn't one. Problem solved.

I'll just bow out of this.
Jo Ann

Bambi

Looked in the channels and I don't think this is the same chair in the picture above. The chair in the picture with the couple has a light-colored upholstered seat and the leg style is different. I agree with Margie that it's not an integral part of the picture and you can just remove the chair from the photograph.

Marydh

Please let me know what you think.  (Remember, I got rid of the phantom chair.)
Thanks.
Mary

Shadow

Nice cleanup Mary. On my screen it seems there might still be some extra red. This was real quick. Just a thought.

Marydh

Thanks Shadow. I need to remember to do the sample points to check for too much of something.  On another note, I have a hard time with skin color/saturation.  How do I know when it's right?  Or is it just a sense?
Thanks,
Mary

Lynnya

Hi Mary.. I feel your pain with skin color.. always tricky for me.. if you think of a basic set of numbers to start you off and play with it from there.. here is a quick down and dirty vid which is very basic in some ways but does demonstrate what a base should be for skin.. just a guide line...there are many different tutorials on how to get good skin tones so browse around the net a bit.. here is one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_wXx1Ng5ZY
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Thanks  Lynn.  Yes, that helps a lot. I've seen that before but forgot all about it.  I'm trying to organize all my notes.  Too much to remember.
Is this version better?

Shadow

Mary, feel your pain on the skin tones. Lynn's tip is a good one. The numbers can be a great starting point and then for me, all the extra eyes here on the forum take it a step further. There are times when the numbers can be spot on and the skin doesn't seem right to me. Usually one of the color gurus here points out how to improve the correction.

Seems like there's red fringing around the little boy and still too much red. Went back to your orig and copied the background layer and ran Image > Auto Curves (thank you Hannie) just to see where photoshop would start. Take a look and see what you think.

:crazy:  Meant to say Image > Auto Color.  Sorry Mary.