• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

AT the lake

Started by Marydh, August 03, 2019, 07:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi all.  Please take a look and see what I've missed. 
Thanks.
Mary

Shadow

Beautiful Mary! Wonder about opening up the girl's shadow a bit. Just a possibility.

Marydh

Thanks Shadow.  Not sure what you mean by "opening up the girl's shadow".  I'd be happy to check it out.

Shadow

My bad Mary. You could use a Levels or Curves layer to lighten just that shadow area and mask out all the rest of the image.

Marydh

Gotcha.  Thanks Shadow.

Jo Ann Snover

I had a look at the blue channel on the original and in the end, couldn't make complete sense of it. It honestly looks like you can see part of the man's pants leg and sock underneath. But where they appear to be doesn't match up with his pants legs! So much as I'd like to figure that out, I can't. With a dark shadow under the bench, it eliminates any sense of the man's legs being missing, so I think it's good as you have it :)

The grass on the left side is noticeably less in focus than the grass further to the right. It should all be similarly in/out of focus. Perhaps you can clone a bit more of the in-focus grass and ease the transition from one to the other?

On the wood bench, below the child in green's hand, there's some wood texture that you've cloned out as damage

The cinder blocks on which the (clearly hazardous!) bench is resting go further towards the river than you've shown them (look at the blue channel to see). I think it's important to extend them further under the bench as it'd be tipping over with the shorter blocks as shown in the WiP!

Otherwise it's looking good. I wish I could figure out those phantom legs though!!
Jo Ann

Marydh

Hi again. I hope this is better.  I redid the grass a gazillion (yes, gazillion) times.  I was getting like Lynn with the houndstooth.   I lightened the shadow behind the little girl and hopefully made the bench a little safer.  Oh and put back the part of the bench that I cloned over.   
Let me know what you think.  On a side note,  can anyone explain what the offset means in the clone source?
Thanks a bunch.
Mary

Shadow

Beautiful Mary!  :up2:

Here's a couple of sources for you on the Clone Stamp Tool.

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/03/the-ultimate-guide-to-cloning-in-photoshop/     Go about 2/3's way down the page for Offset info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNgJZkUd9M    You can skip ahead to abut 1:50 and he shows how he sets the offset settings

Jo Ann Snover

Looks good to me too.

I use the size increase decrease, angle and flip horizontal/vertical, but I've never used the offsets. I prefer to turn on "Aligned sample" and then place where the clone is to go visually. I know what they do, but I've never found any operation (yet) where they were useful. That's the beauty of Photoshop - 101 ways to do almost anything (except a FFT filter :) )
Jo Ann

Marydh

Thanks to you both.  I figured the offset out but yeah, not sure I'd ever use it.