• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christmas is coming...

Started by Jo Ann Snover, August 04, 2019, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

...and the photos all got wet :)

I am nowhere near done with this, but I'd like to see if there are any general issues - missing objects, wrongly interpreted "stuff" under the damage, etc.

There are some odd things to note:

-on the right side, there's an angled white line that tapers to the top. I'm 99% sure that's a wall or other object in the original photo, not damage or an artifact of capturing the damaged photo
-on the brick wall, there are two dark (wood?) plaque shapes and some sort of transparent area with some damage near the present boxes and checker board. I have no idea what that is, although I don't think it's all damage
-behind the man, against the wall near the door, there's an object that looks like a snow shovel or a broom. Looks like a very strange place for a messy thing like that (you could trip over it). Is it something related to Christmas?
-on the woman's lap, what I thought was damage at first appears to me to be a ribbon from the gift box she has in the chair. Any other ideas?
-on the ceiling fan, there might be one of those milk glass light shades in the area where there's still some damage, and possibly there's another visible blade on the left? Older styles typically had 5 blades, so the angles don't look right. I can just made a blade, but I'd rather not if I can figure out what should be there
-on the wall by the door, there's something mounted on a wood plaque. I think it's some sort of lamp - like a carriage lamp. But it doesn't make sense to have a shade under glass, which is what I think I see.

The Christmas tree is easier to make up as I go given the  typical shape and enough to clone from. If there's an heirloom ornament hidden under the damage, the family will be sad, but I'm going to use what I can see to make up the rest.

What am I missing?

Original and WIP

Blue channel with outlines (for reference)

Jo Ann

Shadow

Good luck Jo Ann. Look forward to your next WIP.

Lynnya

I don't think you are missing anything.. I think it's a snow shovel too.. and the thing on a plaque on the wall.. I'm not sure.. but it's must be some kind of lamp? me thinks?  I know you'll do a wonderful job Jo Ann.. look forward to seeing the end result... good luck.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Since you are the blue layer queen, I hesitate saying what I see BUT you've been so helpful I thought I'd give you my two cents.   I'm wondering if the object on the woman's lap is a pillow.  I see three wooden plaques on the fireplace.  Where the snow shovel might be I see an alcove? or something that opens up?  I see a fan blade on the left with white vertical damage on the top.  I see no white line on the right.
Good luck.  I'm sure it will be spectacular!
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for the thoughts.

I have asked Bambi for this image as a reference for the Christmas tree. It was taken another year, but same house - unfortunately the couple is standing right about where the alcove/snow shovel would be. There's a present ( think) stacked against this wall which I wish I could move too :)

The only other thing to consider regarding the alcove location is that it's next to the front door and a window - it would require some sort of bump out in the exterior wall to accommodate it, which isn't impossible, but it's not something I've seen before

I'll post again after I've fixed more stuff.
Jo Ann

Marydh

But they're keeping the flying dog in the alcove!!!!

Jo Ann Snover

Whatever you're drinking, I need some!!
Jo Ann