• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family Pic

Started by Lynnya, July 09, 2019, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. I had thought this was perhaps any easier one for a change.. :D so far it has been.. until maybe eagle eyes find all the faults lol... I just noticed that what I thought was damage on the woman's scarf (the red area) is also on another image in the forum.. so it's not..  ::)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Very nice Lynn! Wondering if the pink that extends over the text on the t-shirt might actually be damage? See what you think.

Jo Ann Snover

Aren't those pink loops and ends a ribbon in the child's hair?

I think it looks good - other than the scarf you removed I see only a couple of small things

On the molding to the right of the door, where you've cloned, the routed lines don't match up quite, but there's lots to copy from to cover the joins. On the long-haired woman's sleeve, there are also some little bumps around the cloned areas that could be smoothed.

I also don't think the colors look quite right - a bit too pink I think. Take a look at this version of the original for my idea of what the original colors were. I picked some shadows from the woman's sweatshirt and then slightly tweaked the curves to tone down the blue and green - I couldn't find a good gray. I brightened the image but added a curves adjustment layer in multiply blend mode and slightly darkened some of the highlights on faces and the girl's hand that were too bright once the picture was overall brighter.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Jo Ann... good suggestions all.. will work on them today  :up:

p.s. fixed problem spots and am sending them home.. I think the bow in the hair is ribbon and color had run a bit into the lettering.. fixed it.. and everything else. Thanks guys.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...