• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cute in purple

Started by Shadow, July 03, 2019, 03:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi all. On the chest, do you think the green areas on the front are damage? About half way down the chest, is it a drawer with two sections under the three and then three larger drawers ... what do your eagle eyes see? And do you think the two knob looking things circled in yellow are damage? Appreciate your thoughts  :)

Orig

Color corrected with some cleanup (more to go)

Blue Channel

Blue channel chest

Jo Ann Snover

I looked at the blue/green areas on the front of the drawers in all three channels and although I don't feel certain, I think it's so localized to the raised parts of the drawer fronts that it has to be paint on the wood. I know there's some spludges on the wall as well, but that might be dye that bled as part of the damage. If you look at the top corners as well as some of the interior edges, there are very clearly marked out shapes with that color.

On the drawers below, I think it's two very deep drawers - look at the wood edges. And regarding the two bright things you circled, it's either tinkerbell and her cousin or damage :) There are some bright areas up top as well - possibly specular highlights not damage, but there's a bright spot on her dress that looks like damage, so I'd guess the circled areas are too.

She has such a great smile!
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thanks Jo Ann. Back soon.

Shadow

Well, "back soon" was a bit optimistic.  ::)  We are still plodding along. This is a current WIP. Think it looks believable so far?

Jo Ann Snover

I totally get the plodding along thing - spoken as a fellow plodder :)

I think it's looking good.

One thing I'd take a close look at is the goodie bag in her left hand (right side of picture). I think there is a clear plastic bag bunched up against her dress and above the top of the white decorated bag below. You've removed that as damage, but I think it's part of the picture - not scenic exactly, but part of the original.

The only other thing I noticed was the paneling seam on the far left of the picture has gone at the bottom - where it's next to that dark object behind the dresser. It's not all that prominent in the original, but when the line from above the dark object just vanishes, it makes it noticeable by its absence.

Now I need to go back and do some more of my own plodding...
Jo Ann

Shadow

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

kiska

Maybe the image has a yellow color cast? Skin does for sure.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Appreciate the feedback Jo Ann and Kiska.  :)  Better?

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Candice

Candice

Shadow