• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mom cuddling two young ones

Started by Jo Ann Snover, July 08, 2019, 03:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I think I'm posting this WIP largely because it's taken me so long and I'm still not done. I have had various things that interrupted work, but it's also been hard to keep motivated as there's always so much more left to do!! I'm hoping to keep doing a little each day until it's finished :)

Original | Work in Progress

Jo Ann

Shadow

Looking good so far Jo Ann. Slow and steady still gets you across the finish line. Look forward to watching your progress.

Hannie

Slowly coming back to life, looks good Jo Ann.  :up2:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Gonna be beautiful Jo Ann... lot of work.. don't envy you one bit lol... small thing caught my eye.. is mom's elbow a little more "swollen" than the original? looks a bit big to me. Looking forward to your final.. s'gonna be lovely.  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for the encouragement. After I get my cup of tea I'll do another "session" with this. Tea is the British fix for just about anything that ails a human :)

I'll look at the proportions - I did some initial "underpainting" on the skirt and elbow to get a general sense of shape - some of what I thought I saw in the original looked downright weird once I roughed it in. I've probably overdone it.

One "therapy" maneuver I use is to go work on small details in the blinds or her skirt when some part of the anatomy is just not coming together. I may get sucked in one day is some sci-fi nightmare - lost between the blinds' slats...

:)
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

I did a little more today - posting my progress to keep me honest (and to see if Lynn thinks that the Mom's elbow looks better; it'll need some more work, but I think the general shape is now right).

Jo Ann

Candice

You'll pull it all together, Jo.  Enjoy another cup of tea. 
Candice

Mhayes

Looking good! What a sweet photo.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

coopmj

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks to all for the encouragement! Here's today's progress - beginning to see suggestions the end will soon be in sight :)

Jo Ann

Shadow

You're in the final stretch Jo Ann. Looking good.  :)

Jo Ann Snover

So this isn't perfect, but is it good enough to consider as final? All comments appreciated (but be kind! We had an earthquake in the middle of the night that woke us all up - no damage thankfully)

Jo Ann

Shadow

Really nice Jo Ann. Maybe blend the boy's legs a bit more?

Jo Ann Snover

More haste less speed! Thanks

How about this?

Jo Ann