• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mom and baby

Started by Lynnya, June 29, 2019, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi everyone from Seattle.. been working on this one.. am using grandson's monitor so who knows!! Need good eyes please..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Well Stripes are so much fun Aren't they.  I did notice a discrepancy around her dress at the belt.  But this restore is a tough for sure.

phil

Shadow

Whew! Phil said it ... "stripes are so much fun aren't they." Guess they're better than plaid.  ::) You've done a nice cleanup so far Lynn. There are some areas where there's still a fair amount of noise. Ck out her forehead, hair and neck areas. Maybe even out the texture on the baby's legs a bit more and add a bit of an edge (for lack of better word) to the hand on the right side of the screen? Look forward to the final.  :)

Jo Ann Snover

As everyone above has echoed - stripes are a bear! Tough as they are, I think the eye picks up variations in the parallel lines really easily and that you might try to even out the more visible areas a bit more.

I have found that using the percentage increase/decrease in the clone tool, along with the angle control - negative is counter clockwise and positive is clockwise) to use the good stripes you have to clone some larger segments that you can then clone more of, possibly increasing the size a bit as the stripes get closer to the camera - and thus larger.

I did a segment of the skirt using this approach to give you an idea. The size increases were no more than 10% larger (110% is how the tool registers that) and the angles were from -3 degrees to -10 degrees and then some parts you can just clone straight. This is my cloning versus your WIP to see the difference (obviously there's still a lot of damage in mine as I used the original as a source.

The only other thing is that I don't think I'd darken the grass on the right side as much - I think it's sunlight, not damage, that has those light patches.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Phil Lyn and JoAnn - will work on this again after crashing after yet another huge vacation lunch.. my eyes are closing as I type...
zzzzzzzz
zzzzz
zz

Jo Ann Snover

We went out to eat today as the weather is so lovely. Be sure to wake before tea time (or the cocktail hour) while the sun's still showing off this area at its prettiest :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I'm onnit ...cocktail hour it is with Rainier in the backdrop..lake Washington at my feet...gorgeous!! :up: