• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Studio Portrait

Started by coopmj, June 18, 2019, 05:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Wow Hannie... just saw two of those fly over my son's house in Seattle... they weren't quite that blue though....
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Candice

coopmj

Here's where I am with my dapper gentleman.  Thoughts?  I'm not sure about the color... 

Thanks! 

Mary

Jo Ann Snover

He has come a long way :)

I think the color on the face in the original looks very splotchy in how and where they applied pink. It doesn't look great, but I'm not sure a restore should fix problems in the original. Perhaps just desaturate the reds a bit to minimize it?

On the sleeve on the left of the image, you have a bright band on the jacket side which should be dark to match the jacket fabric. You can see the bump at the top of the sleeve and follow that line down for the armhole shape.

On the edges of the ringlets and neck hair, some of the fine texture is gone. The smudge brush is good at teasing that back (or paint out some of the mask for the new background - not sure how you did that).

Also, the whites look a little greenish to me. Otherwise, it's looking ready for submission to the neckbeard society :)
Jo Ann

Candice

Gracious, his eyes were light!!
Candice

coopmj

I think his eyes look a little zombie-like...

Jo Ann, can you point out the jacket band?  My unibrow must be affecting my vision :) In the meantime, I'll make these other corrections. 

Thank you!

Jo Ann Snover

See if this helps with the sleeves - the green outlines are where the sleeves and armholes are. The red-ish marks are where the fabric is lighter and shouldn't be

His eyes do look strange, but they're that way in the original too. Possibly the negatives were touched up by the original photographer? Given the hand coloring, I wouldn't be surprised...

Jo Ann

coopmj

Oh gee, I need to learn my lefts from my rights.  I looked everywhere BUT the right spot and it's so obvious!  Thank you!!

Mary