• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Gray Suit

Started by Shadow, June 17, 2019, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. These old ones are fun. Still work to do on the suit ... your suggestions how to improve it are welcome.  :)

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. lovely cleanup.. my first thought was.. wow he's so pale.. Try doing a curves adjustment layer with multiply blend mode .. I did that and I think it was better, also tipped up the contrast a tad to bring out the shadows more on his face.. didn't want to do too much as not to lose the vintage look of it.. see what you think and give me your opninion..
Where us Jo Ann?? she's gone awal.. I'm in Seattle tomorrow I'll go find her lol..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Great cleanup Lyn!
What is you duplicate the layer in multiply mode and with a layer mask darken the lighter area some?
I would also try to even out the blotchy parts in his suit some.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Many thanks Lynn and Hannie. Back later with an update.

Shadow

Jo Ann Snover

I'm here - have been side-tracked by a bunch of other things (and need to get back to the restore I've not been working on the last few days too!).

I think the latest looks much better. Just a couple of suggestions. There's a small chunk of his hair that has gone missing, or is so light it looks like it's missing - left side of the picture where the top of his forehead meets the background. It's the other side of his widow's peak I think.

Take a look at this version of the original (ignore all the damage, but look at the top of the head in my version versus yours and I think you'll see the missing bits)

How long will you (Lynn) be in the Seattle area?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hey Lyn... give him his hair back and he's on his way home :up: :up:

Jo Ann will be in Seattle area for a few weeks maybe.. very loose don't know.. two or three at least.. Flying out today  :)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Jo Ann. Good catch. Gave the gentleman back his hair and will send him home.