• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

B G and parents

Started by Shadow, May 21, 2019, 06:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi gang. Know others have worked on these wedding pics so thought it would be prudent to see how the color looks on this one. Here it is with a Curves adjustment. Wondering about the men's suits. Here they look closer black and in Mary's pic the groom's suit looks closer to brown. Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

Jo Ann Snover

I think it looks a little too cold - a white dress versus an ivory. However the cutting the cake picture was very definitely a white gown. Your corrections match much better with that restore. There will be some differences because of the very harsh flash photography - even if the tuxes were not black, they could certainly have appeared black in the lighting used. I think the odds are higher for a black tux :)

Perhaps Bambi can designate one of these as the target colors and everyone else can aim at that too?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Look forward to your progress Lyn.. it'll be good  :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks gang. This is where we are. Still have some wallpaper cleanup, otherwise, how's it look on your screens?  :cool:

Jo Ann Snover

Overall, really good, but I'm puzzled by the crop - it's the same image dimensions as the original, but the edges have been cropped and the remainder enlarged. So part of the bride's train is cut off (so is the furniture, but I don't suppose people will mind that).

The highlights look a little bright - on the bride's and mother's dresses. I painted in gray on a curves adjustment layer set to multiply blend mode on those dresses and part of the carpet in the foreground and it made things look a little less washed out.

The only other thing I think I see are a couple of odd lines on the older man's hands that look like remaining damage.
Jo Ann

Candice

The little thing that I see is the pink teeth on the mom and bride. 
Candice

Shadow

Thanks for the good eyes gang  :)

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Candice

By golly, I think you've got it!!   :)
Candice

Shadow

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Beautiful Lyn!  :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks girls. Have a good weekend.  :hug: