• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three pairs of friends

Started by Jo Ann Snover, June 01, 2019, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

This was my image covered in scratches - it's also completely out of focus (looks like the camera moved to me). I found it hard to put time into something that will end up only slightly better, but I'm telling myself it has emotional significance for the family, focus problems or no :)

See if I missed anything. It's monochrome because when I asked Bambi, she said it's OPR policy to do such images as B&W versus sepia - treating the sepia as damage rather than the type of print.

Original

Restore

Jo Ann

Candice

Jo Ann, when toggling between the original and restore, these is an artifact on lady (far left) that isn't in the original.  Other than that, it looks lovely!
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for catching that mistake - not good to give them more damage than they started with!

Here's a new edit - for anyone else checking things, please check this version

Jo Ann

Candice

:up: That took care of it. 
Candice

Lynnya

Thats a tricky one JoAnn.. not easy for sure. Lookin good. My eye was drawn to the white "dust" effect on the middle ladies dress... I would have thought that damage and not pattern.. not sure tho..also on the hemline of the lady to her right looking at the screen.. just a thought...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks.

I saw both of those areas and decided, on balance, that I was looking at (seriously out of focus) reflective fabric and a border on the bottom of the other woman's skirt. I'm not certain either, but I think I'll let Bambi make the call - not hard to change if she doesn't like it.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Looks good Jo Ann, but this one would have given me a headache with it being so out of focus.  :D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Bambi accepted the image as I submitted it - and agreed the two issues with the dresses were ambiguous (so I wasn't about to argue...).

Margie, the key to dealing with headaches is lots of aspirin :)  I took several breaks as things came up, plus if you work very zoomed in it's less obvious how out of focus it is!
Jo Ann