• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Head shot

Started by karen11554, May 04, 2019, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

Hello everyone!

Hair and/or coloring is driving me crazy!

Candice

Two things -

equalize the background
right side of the picture, a little of what's under the picture is showing   

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

In addition to Candy's suggestions above, I think the colors in your WIP are rather yellow (looking at the person). Take a look at this version of the original for colors that I think less yellow

For the background, I added a black and white adjustment layer and masked it using a medium gray on the background only. You don't want to remove all the color but it helps deal with the color variation.

For the overall color adjustment, in addition to two curves adjustment layers (one for contrast, one for brining down the yellows and reds in the midtones; you could use color balance - personal preference) I used a curves adjustment layer set to multiply blend mode to tone down the highlights which were too bright after the overall contrast adjustment. The lighting isn't the best on the original, but I don't think it's our work to address that.

On the general restore, you have some cloning artifacts on the green jacket, lower right; some hairs in the background below her hair on the left; a blotch and darker triangle top right; where the jacket meets skin on her chest, there's smudgy yellow; some damage left in the lower left corner.

You need to get some skin texture on her forehead (the healing brush will do a nice job of that)
Jo Ann