• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three on a bench

Started by Shadow, April 24, 2019, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Not quite sure about this one. This is a WIP. Am I headed in the right direction with the hair for the girl and the middle boy? Sure would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

Jo Ann Snover

I wonder what was making you doubt your approach? Although the transition between hair and the dark background will require some care, I think you have the color in the restore matching the undamaged areas and the overall direction of the hair & parting match.

I am guessing that there were some trees in the background - very dark and blurry - so making the dark background mottled in some way will probably avoid it ending up looking like a roll of black paper in a studio shot!

Was there something specific you weren't comfortable with?
Jo Ann

Candice

One tree is showing up in the left but only the trunk. Then there is a bird house behind the middle boy, but you really can't tell make out strong details.  I can see the peak, door opening, and a little bird, the left of the middle boy. I took it into Lab, and that helped the colors did come up a little more. 

This is Candy play below.  Whatever you choose to do Shadow, the family will be thrilled to get their babies back!!  :hug:

Candice

Lynnya

Lookin good Lyn.. maybe levels sliders could come in a tad? :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Jo Ann. think I had diddled around with it so much that I was just not sure if I was heading in the right direction. Always appreciate the extra eyes!
Candy,  :funny:  Reading on the wee little screen you had me going. Love it.
Thanks Lynn. Will check it when we get back home. Away celebrating a few family birthdays.
Have a good weekend everyone.  :)

Candice

Ha!  I feed birds. I see them where a lot don't!  ;)
Candice

Shadow

Current WIP. How's it look?

Lynnya

Looks lovely.. tiny thing jumped out at me.. the little girls hair all around the edges.. I would do a color layer and just brush that in to the edge a bit.. looks a bit grey and colorless.. also maybe the little blonde boys hair could just fill in some of the less colored areas.. Family are gonna love this.

Shadow

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

Only a small quibble - I think the transition between the hair and the background needs to be more like the original - I know you made a change to the color, but it's now all in focus and sharp instead of a gradual soft blurry transition (for all three heads).

I'd love to know what the littlest kid was so surprised by :)
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Jo Ann. Softened the edges and fixed the accidentally "dented" wee one's forehead  :P 
Here's the final.

Jo Ann Snover

Something crept in on the left edge of the photo between the last version and the final - there's a couple of color splotches than weren't there before. Can you zap them?

Otherwise it looks great
Jo Ann

Shadow

Candice

Looks great, even without the bird houses.  lol 

Candice