• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and Groom WIP

Started by Marydh, April 30, 2019, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi everyone.
Could you please take a look at just the bride and groom and see what you think?  I'm still working on the stairs/railing and her hand.
Thanks,
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

I made a couple of edits to the groom's eyebrows and hairline which didn't look right to me and also adjusted the color which seemed a little too red.

The contrast also seems a bit high - I toned down the highlights on the bride's gown and flowers, but you could also look at shadows on your version as all the detail on the groom's lapel is gone, compared to the original. I think you might also want to soften the outline work around the lapels (probably after you settle on the final darkness of the shadows).

See what you think of this

For his eyebrows, you can see all of one and a tiny bit of the other on the blue channel. I grabbed those, overlaid them in luminosity blend mode and then added the missing bits from the complete eyebrow.
Jo Ann

Shadow

Really nice so far Mary. You probably already saw this ... there's some areas on his shirt and her dress that could benefit from a bit more attention. This is just real quick.

Marydh

I'm sorry Shadow. Could you be a little more specific?

Shadow

My bad  ::) ... this is what caught my eye.

Marydh