• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Couple

Started by Shadow, April 16, 2019, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Whew! Color me confused. What do you think gang ... is this a color pic with an awful color cast, a black and white, or a painted image? If you add a Hue/Sat layer and click on an area it selects red. If you drag it all the way to the right her lips are a pretty shade of red so that makes me lean toward a painted image. A penny for your thoughts. Well, OK, maybe a giant chocolate Easter Bunny for your thoughts!  ;)  Thanks.

Orig

Image with Curves Adj and Hue/Sat with Red 100% Sat

Curves Adjustment

Color Cast correction start

Black and White

And your treat ...  ::)

Jo Ann Snover

I have to leave for a bit, but a quick look convinces me it's a badly faded color photo. I'll take a longer look when I return to see how I can justify my gut reaction :)
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

I don't 100% like this, but here's my take on the colors - using a collection of adjustment layers stacked and in some cases masked. Channel mixer (to try to get the bulk of the yellow out), Curves set to multiply blend mode (to compensate for fading), Curves to get some sort of neutral gray from the shadows of the bride's gown, Saturation boost for the faces, Black & white layer to take stray colors from the curtains, man's tux and lower part of bride's veil.

See if you think that's heading in the right direction (and I can put my PSD file into my Google drive if you want to take a look)

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Shadow, I like chocolate bunny the best. Got to get up early so will play with this tomorrow. I'm almost for taking the B/W and then colorizing it. So far I'm not sold on any of them.  :(
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Colorizing should be fun! This was a quick down and dirty try.

Candice

Mhayes

Good start Candy, and maybe smoothing out the man's cheeks.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I really didn't do much for the man at the point I stopped, Margie,  but I agree he would need a smoother face, too. I did a but of smudge on the bride to smooth her out a bit. 
Candice

Shadow

Jo Ann,many thanks for your suggestions. Couldn't get the color to look good so I went with a B&W and a colorized one. Thanks Candy for pointing me in the right direction. Well, I hope it's the right direction. What do you think gang? Keepers?

Black and white

Colorized

Candice

You're going in the right direction, Shadow.  Margie had a great suggestion.  There was so much orange in the damaged photo. 
Candice

Lynnya

Oh wow.. that's lookin good... do you think his cheeks maybe a tiny bit pink.. unless he's blushing of course.. ::) I think I may be useless at colorizing...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Candy. Good eye Lynn! I'll take care of that blush.  ;)