• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Party

Started by karen11554, April 05, 2019, 07:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

Hello all!  I'm working on this wedding photo and I can't decide if the lower left portion of the bride's veil is damage or there by design. I think its damage, but when I zoom in there seems to be a pattern to it...thought?

Shadow

Hi Karen, I vote for damage. Looks like a continuation of the dots you see on the carpet to the left of the bride.

Jo Ann Snover

This will be tricky - there's a mix of the patterned dots on the veil with some yellowish damage. The trick will be to keep the pattern while removing the splotches.

As an experiment, I put a Hue/Sat adjustment layer above the original and cranked up the yellow saturation - that made the damage stand out a lot better and might help separate? If all else fails, you might want to remove everything in the ambiguous areas and then use the dots from another portion of the veil to clone a pattern back.

Good luck - it looks finicky :)
Jo Ann

Candice

The veil has dots.  However, it looks as though only the edges have the pattern dots or should I say just the edges of the train.
Candice

Missm45

This might be helpful--I converted to LAB, copied lightness channel to a mask and used levels to bring out pattern and damage. I can think of a few ways to eliminate the yellow mold spots but it's tough to trick it into preserving that pattern as well. If I were doing this, I'd put on coffee and make a date with the healing brush. :-)

Jo Ann Snover

I don't think there's any automated solution - not counting coffee or other beverage that is :) - but here's a slightly enhanced contrast) version of the yellow channel of a CMYK conversion that really clearly shows the dot pattern, both on the bride's gown and the veil. It is a guide what what has to stay and go, but I think cloning and healing is the likely way forward...

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Um... are we really sure about the dots?.. I mean there are dots all over the image.. :cool: oh yeah.. now I see the dots on the veil on another image of the same bride..

or.... you could cheat.. get rid of all the dots and then put 'em back where they are sposed to be.. ::)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

They use to call it Swiss dot. 

Candice