• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just Married

Started by Lynnya, April 07, 2019, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi All,  Jo Ann if your are out there in the North Western mist can you outline the fingers on this image..I can see the fingers and thumb to my right but I'm a bit confused about the others, I can see a finger nail but then I'm lost..
Thank you in anticipation of me being able to finish this restore  :cool:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I'm not at home this week - sorry I didn't see this until just now. If you hold your fingers like the bride is holding hers, thumb pressed to index finger and the middle finger next to it, pointing straight out, the only position for the other two fingers is straight, I think. I can't curl my ring and pinkie fingers if the other three are as shown.

The ring and pinkie perhaps look foreshortened because of the angle at which the photo was taken?

I have laptop with me but no tablet/stylus and drawing with my finger on the laptop touch pad won't be much use to you :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann.. that's helpful.. I have company this week so will finish up next week.. Appreciate the help.

Mhayes

Great idea and maybe use someone to put their hands in the same position on a man's shoulder.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie..great minds think alike..was doing that today  :up:

Shadow

No wisdom to add. Good luck! Know you'll make it look good as new.  :)

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow.. hmmm... we'll see.. :cool:

Lynnya

Hi gang.. family all departed on their cruise so now I have my spare room back  :up: here is where I'm at with this image.. what needs doing please.. I know the hand position is different but I just can't seem to get it to go that way... :-\

Shadow

Hey there. Good work so far. There are some blown highlights and maybe the shadows could be opened up some? Wondering about asking the distributor if you could eliminate the hand? Just a thought. Good luck.

Jo Ann Snover

As far as shapes, take a look at partial outlines over the blue channel and then over your WIP. I think you have some of the bride's hair and head piece different from the original, and the hand doesn't come up that high in the original.

I think you can fudge the two fingers a bit as long as the thumb and two forefingers, and body of the hand, follow the orignal a little more closely. See what you think

Jo Ann

kiska

Maybe something close to this. VERY rough.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn, JoAnn and Kiska.. will work on these suggestions and repost.. :up:

Lynnya

hard... very hard...need help.. took Lyn's suggestions and the best I could do with JoAnn's and Kiska's.. the new hand is basically the original with a new pinky..and a no hand version....

Jo Ann Snover

Take a look at this quick cloning job to see what you think. I tidied up the original hand (on the thumb and first two fingers) and then made the ring finger by rotating the index finger and fixing a little, then just showed the edge of the pinkie, which is shorter than the ring

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Wow, this looks great!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]