• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bridesmaids

Started by Lynnya, March 21, 2019, 02:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

HI gang.. please check this out for faults or suggetions.. thanks

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Looking good Lynn!  :up: For me, it seems a bit flat. Added a Curves Layer and brightened it up some. See what you think on your screen.

Jo Ann Snover

Couple of notes in addition to Shadow's:

It looks like you've darkened some of the areas and the mask needs a little work - for example, the area underneath the women's hands has been darkened but really doesn't need to be - it's just the highlights on the cake and tablecloth, I think

You've tilted the restore slightly to the right and I can't see any obvious reason for that - was it on purpose?

On the wall and ceiling at the top left there are a few cloning artifacts still visible (very minor; easier to see if you make the image very bright by sticking a Curves Adjustment Layer set to screen blending mode on top)

At the right end of the white tablecloth, there are some cloning glitches that need fixing. The edging is in chunks, slightly offset and there are some parts of the original tear that didn't get repaired in the fabric hanging down.

I know it's not damage, but that reflection of the flash at the back on the left is hideous. It's not hard to clone out, although it might be worth asking Bambi first if that's OK
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thank you Lyn and Jo Ann.. great input.. will fix and repost.  :up:

Lynnya

Hi Guys and Gals... I'm losing the plot.. happens to me all the time.. any help greatly appreciated.. :-\

Jo Ann Snover

So I'm sure the plot's around there somewhere?

Take a look at this version of your latest WIP with a few changes/corrections

-There were a couple of odd darker patches - one on the bottom edge along the white cloth and another on the right edge in the flowers. They may be a masking issue, but I just cloned them out.
-There were still some cloning glitches in the right edge of the white tablecloth
-You went back to a much lighter version of parts of the image (compared to WIP#1), including some that I thought needed less blasted highlights, so I brought those highlights down
-The color seemed just a little too yellow, so I adjusted

If you put my version on top of the version you posted above and turn the layers on and off you'll see the differences. Let me know if you need more details
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann.. I'll have a look around and see if I can find the plot in the morning... :cool:

Shadow

Hey girl, Jo Ann's tips will help for sure. Wondering if you went back to your earlier version and watched the highlights as you brightened it up. This is what I'm seeing on my screen. Good luck when you get back to it. Know it'll be another good one.  ;)

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Jo Ann... yes I'll do that Lyn.. funny how some images just will not comply with brain.. :mad: I'll get back at it later  :up:

Lynnya

Another try...any closer?  :)

Jo Ann Snover

You're almost there! :)

Look at the right edge where there are white flowers above beige ones above a pink one. There's a narrow strip, with a straight line edge, that's darker.

The cloning glitches on the tablecloth are all gone now. There is some odd discoloration in the white cloth; my suggestion would be to add a black and white adjustment layer, masked to remove some, but not all, of the color on the tablecloth. It should get rid of the discolored patches without having to clone anything.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

:wnw: Thank you Jo Ann... I see where you mean.. I just could not for some reason get rid of that discoloration.. Thanks.

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Lynnya on March 24, 2019, 02:10:51 PM
:wnw: Thank you Jo Ann... I see where you mean.. I just could not for some reason get rid of that discoloration.. Thanks.

When all else fails, cloning zaps anything :)
Jo Ann

Shadow

You sure found the plot. Jo Ann's pointers will put it over the top. Good one Lynn.  :up:

Lynnya