• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding photo complete?

Started by Marydh, March 16, 2019, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi everyone.  Please take a look at this and see if I missed anything or if you have any suggestions.
I hope the man on the right has hair!
Thanks,
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

If he didn't have hair, I'm sure he'd love what you did for him - it looks really good to me :)

I do have a couple of suggestions - take a look at this edit of your work in progress and see what you think

The face of the older woman in red didn't look right to me, so I drew some outlines over the blue channel and then made changes to her hairline, one eyebrow, opening in her mouth. I also added in shadows in several places where the restore work had removed them - woman in red's face, hands (around the rings and between the fingers); beautiful-hair-man's collar and rings.

I also did some edits around the collar of beautiful-hair-man - it stands away from his neck a bit. His created hair is blurred a bit at the edges, both as it meets his forehead and against the wall. When you look at the sharpness of the rest of the edges in that area, the hair needed to be softened to match.

I added back in some highlights to faces - if you look at the blue channel the highlights are very harsh where the flash has hit shiny faces. Where those were gone the faces looked very flat. I also toned down (just a little) the highlights on the clothes. Brought some of the detail back.

Let me know if you want more details, but I hope comparing my version with yours will be clear

Also, if you put a curves adjustment layer set to multiply blend mode on top of your WIP and look at the white fabric, you'll see some areas where there are small glitches in the cloning to clean up.
Jo Ann

Marydh

Thanks a lot Jo Ann.  Will do.
Mary

Marydh

Hi Jo Ann,  That's a cool trick about using a  multiply curves layer to find cloning booboos.  I can't quite figure out, however, how to fix the cloning with the multiply layer still there so I can see where to do it.   Make sense?
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

Yes, the question makes sense :)

You put the multiply layer above the pixel layer(s) you're working on with repairs and the clone or healing brush must be set to "Current & below". That way it doesn't pick up the alterations above, letting you make fixes without the extra darkness.

Sometimes, depending on the problems, setting the Curves Adjustment Layer to Hard Light blend mode can help spot problems - depends on the situation, but it's worth trying other blend modes to see what shows up.
Jo Ann

Marydh

Thank you!   I can see where that would apply to quite a few things.  (Duh)
Mary

Shadow

Marydh

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]