• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pen/Mouse seems to have a mind of it's own

Started by Lynnya, March 07, 2019, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Does anyone else have this REALLY annoying problem... I have photoshop cc 2019 but it was the same in CS5 - when drawing a curved line, like on the edge of a sleeve or whatever to create a shadow the pen/mouse seems to want to follow a different path at times.. I've taken to drawing the curve elsewhere on the image and then moving it over to where I want it.. Drives me nuts...Is it me?
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

When you say pen/mouse, are you drawing with a mouse using the pen tool? Or is the problem the same whether you draw with a pen (like a Wacom tablet with stylus) or a mouse?

I have used a Wacom tablet for nearly 20 years and haven't seen the problem you're talking about. It sounds as though there's some flavor of snap going on - snapping to an object, layer boundary, grid, that sort of thing. If you have snap to grid on, you'd see things jump around a bit as you draw. Could that be it?
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Lynn, I' clueless and I use a Wacom tablet. Wonder if no answers here if there is some other forum you could ask? What Jo Ann says makes sense and wonder if you can go deeper in your Photoshop settings.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I have had some weird stuff going on with my (Wacom) pen, it just would not work well no matter what I tried.  I finally realized that it was Windows Ink Space causing the problems.  Once I turned that off everything worked fine again.

How to disable Windows Ink
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann and Hannie... I think my problem was a "snap to" problem.. (I use a wacom pen) .. I went into photoshop and enabled "snap to none" and that seems to have done the trick..thanks Jo Ann.
Hannie I'll put that link in my little folder for when I need it, thanks.

Jo Ann Snover

Glad the problem went away. Wouldn't it be nice if "smart" computers could be asked that question in plain English and give you useful answers? One can daydream...
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yes it would be nice.. I'm not trusting that the problem has completely gone... it seems to have gone... but .... you never know... :mad: