• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Group at the table

Started by Lynnya, February 10, 2019, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. struggling along as usual with this one.. I've come to a stop... need eyes and suggestions..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I think you're very close to the finish line - just a few things to finish/fix

- the woman on the far left has a bow in the back of her hair and you've removed it.
- the man behind the woman with the missing bow lost his ear, and I think his fingers are visible between the bow and his ear. It might be easiest to put his ear back but leave the possible fingers out as they could be hidden behind her head.
- the woman on the left's gathered sleeve (at the armhole) lost the gathers
- woman on the left's pinkie is straight and looks a bit unnatural. If you just borrow the knuckle from the ring finger I think you can give it a slight bend. If you try with your own fingers, you can't straighten the pinkie without straightening the ring finger too (at least I can't!)
- the woman on the right appears to be wearing a long dress - you can see the fabric under the table - and it has sparkly beads or sequins on the bodice. In your WIP, the sparkles are gone and I can't see the fabric or folds under the table. I think she has a bow or other ornament in the back of her hair that you've removed. There is some damage there, but I think the ornament is a real object.

The blacks are overall a little too dark The highlights don't want to be brighter, just bring the black point up a little

Hope this helps
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann... will work on all your suggestions and repost..

Shadow

Wonderful first WIP. Jo Ann's tips would put you over the top. Know it'll be great.  :)

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. need your eagle eyes for this latest..

How is this Jo Ann..

Jo Ann Snover

I think it looks lovely :)

I do wonder about what was going on at the time - some very glum expressions and some happy. Wouldn't you love to know...
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann and thank you for your help.. always end up with a better image because of you.  I love this image.. I find it very intriguing.. bit like an old movie..some fascinating  characters.

Shadow

This was a cool picture. Thanks for sharing Lynn. LOVELY!