• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WIP

Started by G3User, January 30, 2019, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

I hope it is nearly there. Lots of film grain that I reduced rather than attempting removal.

And enjoyable brick wall repairs :)

Athol

Jo Ann Snover

There are a number of edges and patterns in the front door - I assume as a result of grain reduction. Her hand is still being worked on I assume? There is also the shadow under her lower lip that's missing, which makes her expression look different.

Take a look at this approach as an alternative to dealing with the grain. I think the graininess is pronounced as this was taken in shadow and underexposed. Leaving the graininess on the bricks isn't an issue as it just looks like more texture. I did some quick-and-dirty edits and then used Photoshop's reduce noise filter, masked, to reduce the worst of the grain on the door, her dress and her skin highlights. I also took some of the yellow out with a cooler white balance - this was in the shade and would probably not had a very warm light originally (i.e. I think the yellow is fading, not original light)

Jo Ann

G3User

Thanks Jo Ann,

Certainly looks like noise from underexposure. I did noise reduction early but I will do it again with noise last. Her hand from the blue shows only thumb and forefinger but I did overtidy her face.

Cheers
Athol

Edit. After my Sunday afternoon rest I leapt into action with the following result. Noise last worked better.

Is it ready for dispatch?

Athol

Candice

Candice

Shadow

G3User

With the approval of all the important people, it is on its way :)

Mhayes

Late to the game, but this did catch my attention: "Edit. After my Sunday afternoon rest I leapt into action with the following result." Trying to visualize.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]