• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Two friends

Started by Lynnya, January 30, 2019, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang... working on this one.. still a ways to go.. I'm pondering how to approach the border and the writing..I remember somewhere Candy telling me to use an overlay layer for writing but I can't remember what I did.. any clues?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Another good one. This is just real quick and I'm sure Candy will have a tip we'll all appreciate for the text. Hint hint Candy!  ;)  Selected the text and used a Feather of 1 to soften the edge. Copied that to it's own layer. Duplicated that layer and set it to Multiply and then reduced the Opacity. Added a Color Balance Layer to get the blue as close to original as I could. Good luck Lynn. Look forward to your final.

Hannie

When you color correct in levels and then with  Selective Color adjustment layer darken and saturate the text some?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Hannie.. I think I'll start over on this one.. should be pretty easy right????

Should I leave the border crooked do you think? it would be more original, or give it a new straight border... what say you gurus?

Shadow I've gone into a blank state.. how did you select the letters?? did I forget everything I once knew??? :crazy:

Shadow

Ha. I thought the same thing when I was trying to get the text selected. For this one, I added a Curves layer and using the Hand Selection tool (top left of Curves palette) I clicked on the text and made it as dark as I could. Trying increase contrast to make the selection easier. You can do that any way that works for you. Merged those two layers onto a new layer and then used the Wand tool to select the text. Feather 1 and then erased everything but the text. Click on Background Layer with Selection still active and copy the original text to a new layer and discard the Curves and Merged Layers. Think there is probably a much easier way to do this and eager to see the suggestions.
Liked Hannie's suggestion with the Selective Color for improving the color of the text. Hope that helps.

Lynnya

Yes it did.. thanks a bunch my friend.. :up:

Lynnya

So here is my latest.. comments welcome..

Hannie

Wow, great job Lynn!
Perhaps the text color can be a little more blue?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. is this better.. having trouble making the blue more blue for some reason...

Shadow

Lynnya