• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pretty in Pink!

Started by karen11554, January 20, 2019, 05:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

Hello everyone!

This is a beginning work in progress, and I am stumped by the background. It kinda looks like an old Sears portrait background!  I can't see anything on the blue channel...any suggestions? I hate to just stick objects on the shelf that the family wouldn't recognize. Is this a photo that should be cropped instead??

Jo Ann Snover

I did a little searching to see if I could find anything online with this background - I agree with you that it looks like a Sears or Penney's backdrop.

My suggestion (but you'd have to clear this with your distributor) is to make the shelf into another panel/door on the wooden furniture so you don't have to make up objects. Something like this (I did a quick-and-dirty on the damaged original to give an idea of what I had in mind)

The only other thing I noticed was that you had removed the little girl's brooch from her lace collar - you'll see it, darkened just a little so it stood out from the lace, in my version. See what you think
Jo Ann

karen11554

Still very much a work in progress...think this background will be okay? I took Jo Ann's suggestion on the bookshelf, the rest of the background I'm sort of making up as I go along??

Lynnya

Lookin good Karen... look forward to your final  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

She's looking a little blue to me...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

karen11554

Lynnya

Looks beautiful Karen.. one tiny thing caught my eye and I may be wrong .. on her collar on the left side looking at the screen, where the lace edge starts is there a faint area of yellowing.. I'm having trouble with my eyes right now so It may be me lol... just look and see what you think.. other than that, to me it's gorgeous.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

What a sweety!  The family will be happy when they see her home.
Candice

karen11554

Thanks for the advice everyone...I think the yellow spot you are noticing is the brooch she had pinned on her dress?