• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Mess

Started by Lynnya, January 10, 2019, 04:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Here's where I'm at... have at it gang..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I hope you were able to lift some bits from your other restores of this young man's graduation!

So I think there are a couple of details in the face and its shadows that don't match the original. I've tried to show on a 200% version of your WIP, which I think explains best. See what you think

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yup I see it... thanks so much Jo Ann.. I did use some skin parts for this wip, mostly I used the blue channel pasted over in luminosity blend mode and then used frequency separation to blend out the damage leaving the color some what in tacked.. then I pasted over some skin as best I could.. added some texture to what now was very smooth baby skin by adding noise, blur a tad and then  emboss.. gave his skin some rough texture back.
These tiny details change things so much for the family, I'm so happy you can see them and can demonstrate how to fix them.. I spent hours looking at the blue channel trying to get his face just right.. your tips just finish it off I hope.  :loveit:

Shadow

Beautiful cleanup Lynn! The family is going to be delighted with your finished restore.  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... gotta a lotta help from Jo Ann.. here's where I'm at.. what am I missing..

Jo Ann Snover

I put your current WIP and previous one into two different tabs in my browser and then flicked back and forth - sort of animates the changes :)

The thing that I noticed was on the right side of the young graduate's mouth, there's a new dark line where his moustache used to be. I think it was only on the left side that changes were needed. Otherwise looking good!
Jo Ann

Shadow

Little picky things ... ck his left arm and shoulder edges. His collar needs a wee bit more attention also. If you look at the reference shot you put on Yellow Muckerupper you can see the area well.

Marydh

Lynnya

Thanks Mary Lyn and Jo Ann.. will fix mouth and shoulder and send him home..