• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Yellow Muckerupper

Started by Lynnya, January 07, 2019, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. working on this one.. comments welcome ..There are some marks on his face which don't show on my screen.. may be a function of artifacts? maybe ? ::)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I think it's a good thing you and I live on opposite sides of the country - so you can't come and strangle me...

I don't think the tie in this shot is a regular one - it's a bow tie with hanging ends... and the shirt collar looks to me like a wing collar, not a regular shirt

I think if you look at the blue channel you can see these enough to be fairly sure - I've done a version of your WIP with some crude edits to show the differences in the neck, neckline, hair, cap, etc.

I made an enlargement of the mouth area to point out the subtle differences in the mustache and lower lip - it's a small area but it affects how he looks, I think.

I can't really tell what the gown details look like from the damaged original - I think it's not all that important though.

Hope this helps (however annoying!) :)
Jo Ann

Shadow

Color looks good. Jo Ann's details will make it even better. Good luck!

kiska

This is the cyan layer of a cmyk copy. It appears to me that the black is damage rather than the ends of a bow tie?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann and Kiska.. this is an image of same young man same day same outfit so I'm pretty sure it's right.. will work on the mouth tho..
p.s. Not annoying Jo Ann lol - all help is appreciated..

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

I think that reference image is conclusive - seeing the open neck of his shirt in that, I think I can see how the wide knot of the tie confused me. Live and learn :)
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thank goodness for reference images. Look forward to the final.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. I'm hoping this is my final.. but then....  8)

Shadow

In the original and also in your reference shot, is that shading on the left side of his mouth/face?

Jo Ann Snover

Almost there!

In addition to the above, there's just a little cleanup on the mortarboard on the right (there's a jagged bit) and on the left side of the photo on the gown edge (some odd bumps and different amounts of sharpness/blurring on the edge).
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yup gottit.. thanks Lyn and Jo Ann.. will fix both issues and send him on home..

unless..... :cool: