• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Man

Started by Alvo, December 21, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvo

Guess I should have been more clear. When I asked about the jacket I was referring to the color
Alvin Herron

Candice

As for my part on your work, when I did the basic color corrections, I used a clone and healing brush on the tux while maintaining the colors that were there.  This gives a starting point before overlaying the picture with the original to check what's missing. 

One of the tricks I learned along the way when using the clone brush is to set it on lighten, to get rid of dark spots, or darken to help get rid of white spots. Depending on what you want for results, you adjust the fill.  Try it on something one day and see if you like it.  I use it a good bit. 

Keep on keeping on!!
Candice

Alvo

Thanks for the clone tip, I will try it. Never thought you needed tp change the clone blend mode. I thought it replaced with what your selection was regardless of white or dark. Love you OPR masters, I learn something new every restore, Please keep the tips and advice coming. Probably be after Christmas before I get back to this. I restore at no charge for friends and family on facebook and they keep me pretty busy..LOL. Merry Christmas to all.
Alvin Herron

Shadow

Candy's tip is a good one. When I do that I put a blank layer above and put my cloning/healing on that. Makes it easier to go back later when the "good eyes" here find all the goodies my tired eyes missed.  ;) 
Good luck Alvin. Merry Christmas.

Alvo

Looking forward to trying it. I have received several good tips from OPR masters since joining. That is one thing I love about it, they are anxious to share their knowledge and not hold back. Speaking of good eyes, I have never seen anybody spot things like Jo Ann, she must have spent her life in quality control somewhere..LOL. Thanks for the tip Shadow and Merry Christmas to you too.
Alvin Herron

Alvo

Final edit approved by distributor, Thanks again Jo Ann and Candy..

Alvin Herron

Shadow

Very nice Alvin!  :up:

Alvo

Thank you Shadow, hope you had a great Christmas and New Years
Alvin Herron