• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Curtains HELP!

Started by Marydh, December 10, 2018, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Okay, I know I have a long way to go but I just started on the curtains for a break (HA!).
I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem but there are spots everywhere along with splotches of blue.
And the base color is a bunch of different colors.  All I know to do is heal and clone enough to get some
portions to copy and paste but alas AARGGHHHH!
OK, I'm calm now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Mary

Jo Ann Snover

I have a suggestion, but you'd probably have to get an OK from your distributor first. It's to make the pattern in the curtains a bit more abstract with the dust and scratches filter, then take out the blue with a hue/sat adjustment layer. Take a look at a version of your WIP with this treatment

I copied and masked the background layer and ran dust and scratches on it to make it similar looking, but altered enough to cover up the cracky damage. Then I added a hue/sat adjustment layer where blues and cyans were desaturated a lot (not all the way) and the hue nudged to a warmer color. The blues aren't fixed per se, but you don't really notice them.

You couldn't do that to faces, but I'm not sure that it's so bad to do that to the curtains. See what you think
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hi Mary.. good suggestion from Jo Ann.. you could also (I think) make flat a copy of your image and tuck it up in the corner of your screen - fixing as much of the blue up high on the curtains first if possible..
Select as much of the "good" curtains as you can from your flat copy and copy and paste it over and over again over the damaged curtains of your wip - control J will keep repeating your selection.. line it all up as best you can then Alt mask it all out - then paint it back in where you want it.. might work.. It's what I would attempt anyway..
Good luck! You've got this  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Oh Mary! Couple of good suggestions from the gang.
Look forward to your next WIP. If you need something to help you stay calm ...  ::)

Marydh

Thanks so much ladies.  I'm actually going to try a combo of the  suggestions then see if it passes  the smell test.  Of course I think Shadow's is the best.  😎