• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

where to go with arms & legs

Started by WollyR, December 09, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WollyR

good evening...
this family of 5 is more or less getting to the point of adding arms & legs. Or, another possibility, they're standing behind some bushes. Those bushes would be the easy solution, but I guess also the wrong solution..

So, arms & legs, but how, where?? And how much should I add of stuff that's not there anymore?
I've put some lines on the blue channel, but are those the right lines?
And what about the color of the pic. Isn't that purple dress way to purple?
I would love ideas!

Mhayes

Hi Wally,

Looks like you picked a fun one . . . maybe not?  :wow:  How did you color correct? What I did with the original was 1st do a Level Adjustment in each of the 3 channels, then a Curves Adjustment and hit "Auto." This is not a brightly lit photo and did not want to make it look different than original. After I did a merge visible, I did another Curves Adjustment and did the pull down to make lighter--normally I would play with the line and in the center raise it a bit. In this case the option worked.

Keeping the photo the same size; I would use the marquee tool, holding down the shift key to make a perfect square--bring in the border. That will do away with the need to add arms and legs that will never look normal. You can extend the boy and girl's arms, but you won't have to add hands or legs.

Here is a rough draft of what I did.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Agree with Margie's suggestions and her approval to tweak the frame will save you plenty of headaches. Good luck. Look forward to seeing your final!

WollyR

thank you :) and I agree on the color.
this will save me plenty headaches for sure!

WollyR

with all the tips & tricks.. maybe this could be the final result ?? the border is a bit bigger than the original and I made that border a bit off white because completely white would be a bit too much I think... But pls let me know if there's anything else I should do. Maybe the ceiling 1 color?

kiska

The border needs to be 255, 255, 255.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

WollyR

Shadow

WollyR

thank you :)
I've uploaded the picture.. Really hope it's fine!