• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Red Headed Beauty

Started by Lynnya, December 06, 2018, 11:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Working on this one... what needs doing please gang..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Very pretty shot. I think she still looks just slightly too yellow (and you could mask her hair out of any further tweaking to keep the lovely auburn tones there; it's the skin that I noticed).

I also saw that you filled in a gap in her hair at the back - it looks good as you have it, although I don't think that was damage to the photo - perhaps ask the distributor if that's OK as it's not really restoration?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hi Jo Ann.. thanks for input.. yeah.. I wondered about the white in the hair.. it seemed to me to be just on the face a bit so I went with the damage  ::) - I had her skin more magenta/red but the numbers in cmyk for skin tones were way out.. not enough yellow.. it's still low on my info panel.. on my monitor she doesn't look yellow.. I wonder if its a monitor thing.. I'll hang out here for a day or so and see who else chips in.
Thanks
Lynn

Shadow

Really nice cleanup Lynn. This is a quickie and I may totally wet here ... see what you think. Could still use a wee bit of tweaking. (Isk your color sampler tool set to 5 x5? Might make a difference.)

Numbers for last wip

CMYK ratio explanation

Added Curves and tweaked blue channel

Hannie

Sometimes the numbers don't work so well and I try just going by what the eye sees and what appears pleasing for skin tones.

The image is a little yellow, |I also find the original skin tone appears to be somewhat lighter than the WIP?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Hannie...

Still not sure re skin.. and eagle eyes what else am I missing.. you know I'm nearly blind lol..

kiska

Sometimes when I get  difficult skin tones I make a cmyk copy and tinker in curves, copy and paste on the rgb image.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Yep, agree with Hannie. By the numbers looks too yellow. Do your best and get hubby to give it a look see.  ;)   You'll get it!

Lynnya

hmm maybe not Lyn  :funny: I started to follow Kiska's tip but after converting to cmyk and looking at the numbers I have no idea how to fix it.. the yellow is supposed to be sort of equal to the magenta and is lower.. I don't understand how it's looking so yellow..my last wip was Hannie's tip and I thought it looked better...I was about to do a curves but as you can see I didn't touch it....HELP...

Jo Ann Snover

That screen shot - the colors on the picture - looks pretty good to me. What that suggests is that you might have color calibration problems with your monitor.

In other words, when you get something looking good on your monitor, the values are actually incorrect in the file - which when interpreted on a calibrated monitor according to the embedded profile and the numerical values looks off.

How confident are you in your monitor's color accuracy?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hj Jo Ann ...hmm..I hear you..well my monitor is not calibrated but I've never had any color issues before..

Lynnya

O.K. gang.. am I getting there? or no...

Hannie

Windows has a built in utility to check your monitor's colors.
(I have not used it myself, my monitor is hardware calibrated)

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-calibrate-your-monitor/

Edit:  your last version looks pretty good to me.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie I'll check that out..

Lynnya

Jo Ann? Kiska? Shadow? - comments?  :cool: What more needs doing.. ?