• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old Home Still Standing

Started by Candice, December 04, 2018, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Most of the damage is dust so it's one healing spot at a time.  Thought I'd share.  I just love these older pictures!!

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

I love old images too - as close as we get to time travel :)

The people in the image look other-worldly to me in that their proportions aren't what you'd expect from a human. It really looks as if the print (nothing to do with your WIP) was vertically stretched. I thought I'd experiment with it a bit and here's a crop of the family in their stretched state and returned to more typical proportions. I think the house and the whole picture looks better "un-stretched", but your distributor would have to say whether this should be left as is or not

Jo Ann

Candice

I agree that the people look stretched, but right now, Jo Ann, I'm going to leave the perspective of the folks just as they are in the photo.  It is possible the "odd" look came  from whomever was taking the picture to get the full shot.  Perhaps they were using a stand. Could also be that the person who put the border around it put the picture in crooked. 

As I get closer to the completed clean up I'll ask Tess what she wants to do with the perspective and aliens.  ;)
Candice

Candice

Updates.   

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

I like the perspective change version better, except for some artifacts in that version that don't show up in the original perspective restoration. Look at the curtain on the center door and porch chair on the upper floor of the house - there are stair-stepped edges there; the upper roof edge has irregular slope on both sides, but worst by the right chimney.

Not sure what you did in changing the perspective, but the original is a better choice unless the stitching distortions can be removed.
Jo Ann

Shadow

I'm with you Candy. Love the oldies. Look forward to seeing how you whip this one into shape. Good luck.

Candice

I'm out of the home building for the time.  Video card went out on my computer, so am using my hubbies to let you know. 

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Sorry to hear your video card has given up the ghost (or possibly it's on strike from too many OPR restores?? ) :)

Whenever your computer is back from the dead, here's a suggestion for how to blend the perspective-corrected image into the original frame and size without distorting the house. All the touch-ups are in the garden (this is all done on the original uncorrected image, so it's splotches and all, but it shows the approach)

Jo Ann

Candice

Well.... now that I'm up and running again, I did the last bit of work on the old home.  Thanks for the suggestions Jo Ann.  They helped.  :up2:
PS The new video card has the capacity for dual monitors!

Candice

Shadow

Looking good Candy. Glad you got that 'puter back in shape and better than ever.  ^-^

Lynnya

Great Candy.. I have dual monitors (courtesy of dear son) and I love the setup.. loads more room on my main screen..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I've sent the picture home with two choices.... original and perspective.  Now it's up to my distributor. 
Candice