• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hambone

Started by Shadow, December 06, 2018, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. This is a WIP. Plenty left to do. Do you think the 2 white areas (under the damage) on the drawer belong? Sure appreciate your input.  :)

Lynnya

I think they do Lyn.. probably some writing on there somewhere that we can't see.. see what others say..looking nice so far.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I agree that the white on the drawer front appears to be under the damage. It looks to me like two pieces of tape, possibly holding something else on - I can't see any hint of writing on them, so think leave them blank and keep the irregular shape versus squaring them off?
Jo Ann

Shadow

Many thanks for the extra eyes!

Mhayes

Interesting photo Shadow, you're off to a good start.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Moving along slowly. Here's the current WIP. Any suggestions for the lower right corner under the damage?  ::)

Jo Ann Snover

Taking a guess, I think there's a small side table with a file box underneath the binder and then the desk edge and carpet/flooring. Take a look at this (enlarged) crop with some lines to mark where the floor and desk meet - its very dark and might be hard to see what I mean otherwise:

The size of the WIP image doesn't match the original - based on what you uploaded earlier. Was that intentional?
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thanks Jo Ann! Appreciate your feedback.  Whatcha' think gang? Final?

Jo Ann Snover

Very very close, but a couple of minor details caught my eye.

I see only one small area of damage left - on the far right, near the top, where the streamers meet the paper banner sign. There was a damaged area that looked like a bandit mask but in white. The center part is still there covering part of the streamers and part of the window blinds.

The whites look just a little too bright and you're loosing some detail. I'd just darken the brightest highlights rather than changing your overall levels/curves. The guy's teeth and his shirt were what stood out to me
Jo Ann

Shadow

WollyR

Lynnya

Perfect Shadow... that made me smile  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

You gotta love that sign!!  LOL
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Candy, Lynn and Wolly. You're right Candy ... the sign is a hoot.  ;D